USD 237
USD 191
  • Restaurant
Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge(Dublin)(Great Value!)
USD 203
USD 216
USD 158
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 198/night.

USD 400
USD 345
Doubletree
USD 351
USD 252
USD 414
USD 357
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
USD 161
USD 443
USD 422
Westbury Hotel
1,954 results
All reviewsgasworks baraviva stadiumtheatre packagegas worksdart stationcity centretheatre breakbord gais theatreminute walkfree car parkingcoffee machinebar foodlovely hotelbooked this hotelreception staffstayed here for one nighthotel bar
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I've just returned from a trip to Dublin with my daughter to see Matilda The Musical at the Bord Gais Energy Theatre and this hotel was the perfect place to stay! From the friendly and welcoming staff to the spotless and modern rooms, I was so happy with my choice. We travelled by train to Connolly and were able to hop on to the Dart. We had only a few mins walk from the Dart Station to the hotel, while the theatre was a very manageable walk away. I was so impressed by the level of service for such a reasonable price, not to mention the little extras like the Lavazza coffee machine and Orla Kiely toiletries.

The only small I had was being woken by the noisy boiler system which seemed to be housed next door to our room but this was certainly no deal breaker. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and will definitely book again!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Helen D
GCHDublin, Manager at Grand Canal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear Guest,
It is with pleasure that I read your very kind review of our hotel. I am delighted that it suited your needs and that you found the hotel to be perfect for your stay, I hope that you enjoyed the show. I have asked our Maintenance Manager to investigate what could be making the noise as the boilers are not located on the guest floors. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. I very much hope that you will be back to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The room was comfortable, clean, well arranged and quiet. Staff went out of their way to be helpful with both hotel and city information. The breakfast place in the lobby served fresh pastry with good coffee and tea. The hotel location was convenient with easy access to center city and DART (rapid transit).

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jimuf

Dear Guest,
It is great to read your very nice review and see such a high score. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff were able to be of help to you. I very much hope that you will be back to visit us again in the very near future.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This is going to be a short review. However, good standards in the rooms, ok breakfast and friendly staff.

The hallway going into my room had a very strong smell of cleaning appliance, it kind of reminded me of the soap my grandmother used in the 90's. Not the best experience. Luckily this smell stayed in the hallway and did not enter my room.

The beds where a little bit hard, but still good enough to get a good night sleep.

The breakfast was very traditional and could offer warm meals as well as cold ones.

The location is great, two minutes from the train station and you have the grand canal square 5 minutes walk from the hotel.

To summarize, good hotel for the value, and it should fit couples and singles quite well. If you have kids i would look for something else e.g( location).

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
GCHDublin, Manager at Grand Canal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your comments about the room and breakfast and am glad that you were happy with the location. I have made a note of your comments about the cleaning agents used on the corridors and it is something that we will review. I am glad that it didnt affect your stay.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

i was here for business and i have to say the hotel was very nice. i have enjoyed my stay and the breakfast they had was amazing.

if i were to go to dublin again i would def choose this hotel again.

location wise i think its central its close to the airport and restaurants and everything else.

Room Tip: all rooms are good i found
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Makhamreh86rana

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your very nice comments. It is lovely to read that if you are in Dublin that you would choose to stay with us at the Grand Canal Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and breakfast.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night. The reception team were very helpful and provided us with a map to get around.
The room was clean and comfortable. We found the room to be too hot, but a quick phone call & someone came & turned our radiator off for us. We were at the front of the hotel and did find it a bit noisy.
The breakfast was excellent with a great choice.
The only downside is that it is quite a trek to the sights.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. I am delighted that you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable and that the staff were able to assist you. I am sorry that you found that it was a trek to see the sights. We are located about 15 minute walk from the main Grafton Street Area which is also accessible by Dart Train. I have passed your kind comments about the breakfast on to the Chef.