Citi Hostels
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hilton Dublin(Dublin)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
The Dean(Dublin)
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Arrival and check-in was fine apart from the fact the deposit for the keys was double what we expected as we had to have two keys to enter the building (completely separate to the main building) and room, and having just arrived, we only had enough for one jey so my boyfriend had to use the cash machine around the corner for which he was charged.
The room was small and really old-fashioned - it reminded me of the dorm rooms from uni but worse! The booking was messed up but upon talking to reception it was found to be Booking.com's fault for passing it through incorrectly.
The linen was clean but a drawer in the desk we had was full fo rubbish including a used ear bud and a lump of hair! the bin had two cigarette butts in it.
The toilet/showers were small but the shower was powerful.
Breakfast consisted of two loaves of bread, butter, cereal and milk, so we opted for croissants from Tesco and a sit in the park.
The bed was nice and firm, and clean, but with only one very thin pillow each we didn't get much sleep the first night.
Overall - I would not go back there.

Room Tip: Maybe pay a little bit more and go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2011

When I travel, I really typically just look for a bed and chalk conditions up to 'you get what you pay for'. This was one time I felt that we got perhaps a little less than was paid for. Overall, the location was ok, staff was fine but the room - the carpet should have been replaced a decade ago, we were greeted by flies and the noisy street outside kept me from sleeping until I finally used ear plugs the second night. Getting past this, fine, I just felt that the website mentions several amenities that sound like they are in the private rooms but are actually shared items - the say all the rooms are "en suite", which they're not, self serve coffee maker and tv are mentioned but those are in a kitchen common to the building (and the coffee is still instant), the hair dryer is behind reception if you want to borrow it. While the stay would have been fine if I were comparing it to the hostel bunk pricing, I think the private rooms leave something to be expected (lower price or cleaner standard or at least a less misleading explanation of amenities). At 40 (+) euros a night for the private room (after you pay for each person), I've seen much more comfortable settings in comparatively more expensive European cities.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2010

I was in cityhostel and I think that this is one of the best hostels in which I have stayed. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. The rooms are clean and cozy.
I spent the night in a room with seven girls from Spain, and only one of the guests was from the States. Of all the guests who was there he should of taken a private room as he groaned like an old woman and was complaining all night.
I would recommend this hostel to anyone as it is cheap and it is a place where you can meet many interesting people.
Thx to all the staff.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2010

Stayed here in May with a party of 4 people.

Be aware that if you hate stairs you will hate this place. The hostel is like a rabbit warren of rooms and if you are staying at the far end of the hostel, the require you to take the long way around to your room, even though it's quicker to cut through the dining area.

Bed's were pretty average - the mattresses were lumpy and the pillows needed replacing.

Location is reasonable, but it's a bit of a walk to downtown Dublin and locations like Temple Bar. Taxis are still fairly cheap though if you don't feel like walking.

I do have one negative experience that needs to be shared. I left something at the hostel and contacted them straight away to let them know. They replied promptly and told me they had located it so i asked them to post it to me at my cost. Because i was travelling from place to place i gave them the location i was going to be at for the next few days. Unfortunately after i didn't turn up, i called them and gave them the next place i would be staying at. Few more days passed, still didn't receive it.

Finally got an email to advise me it had been posted - on a Friday afternoon, to a place i was leaving on Saturday. It cost me nearly 60EUR to get my possessions mailed to a place i was no longer staying at.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2010

My experience with Citihostel is a bit weird. In many ways it was nice, but i guess i must say that the ways that really count it sucked. It's very hard to find and located about 30 minutes walk outside the central area (Temple Bar area). The rooms were all packed and people at the door didn't really care how many people were staying in one bed. I am a blond single girl and they accommodated me in the same room with 4 skinheads from Croatia. I understand that it's not really their problem since it was a mixed room, but c'mon, 4 male skinheads?! I decided i didn't want to get gang-raped in the night, so i went to ask for a different room. It's like i was asking them to stay for free, the attitude was quite the same. The new dorm room i got transferred to was the smallest by far i've ever been in, two beds hardly fitted. The rooms generally had this very dirty old stale smell, though they were generally clean enough. The hotel has an obvious issue with any kind of sound isolation, bring your ear-plugs! For more comments on that hotel, please read my post: http://sshiksa.blogspot.com/2009/05/dublin-ireland.html

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo