“It's good but nothing special”
Review of Mao Stillorgan

Mao Stillorgan
Ranked #1,410 of 2,805 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Catch some fire in one of our newly refurbished Mao restaurants - Dublin's favourite Thai/Asian restaurant chain. Our chefs are dedicated to the art of Asian cuisine and their dedication ensures that all our dishes are prepared using only 100% Irish beef, the freshest of ingredients and keeping our cooking MSG and virtually fat free!
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

I've been there sometimes. The food was good but nothing special to remind me about this restaurant. However, it's still a good choice if you bring your children there. They served the kid food really well.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

I've been eating in MAO for years, but had my first meal in Stillorgan today with my Mom for a girls lunch. We were seated by Chen and served by Georgie. They both went so far out of their way to be good at their jobs that I actually asked to speak to their manager so I could ask their names and pass on this compliment in person - but I also felt it was necessary to put it up here because when I'm using this website to find a restaurant one thing I feel people don't mention much is the customer service and to me, that make or breaks a place!

So for the sake of tripadvisor I'll add -

Atmosphere in MAO stillorgan is amazing! Very modern, inviting. The new interior is so nice! Big seating area outside, inside you have a mix of long bench seating, smaller 2/4 people tables, one wall in a long L shape of booth/sofa style seats on one side and then a chair on the opposite of the table.

Very kid friendly, but also a place I'd happily be brought on a date to!

Restaurant was spotless, the floors were literally . . shiny.

Amazing food - and it's 'real food' you don't feel like you are eating greasy quick, easy food. Good portions/ prices - we went at lunch time and did the lunch bowl with an add on mini bottle of prosecco each and our bill was only €30.30.

Very big menu, good veggie options. Extensive alcohol menu too!

Our food came out the kitchen very quickly, drinks and water were on our table what seemed like impossible speed.

Waitress took orders quickly, thouroughly (I'm very picky and she got it perfect) and with a smile!

Wasn't rushed at all to move (we were taking our time with our drinks) even though it was lunch time and pretty busy.

Over all 10/10 experience

MaoStillGM, General Manager at Mao Stillorgan, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Dear Kelly,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such kind feedback. We try our best to go above and beyond for our guests and I see on this occasion your needs were met. We are delighted to hear your experience was so special and Chen and Georgiana will be thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us.

I hope you will pop into us again.

Kind Regards,

Nikoletta Brunner

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Love MAO restaurants. Great staff and service. Love the chilli lime beef. So delicious and tender steak. My son had sweet sour chicken and loved it. Didn’t have cocktails this time but had elderflower cocktail previously. Quite affordable. Will obviously return soon.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

The place is nice and cosy, prices pretty decent. Service was fantastic really happy with that and coffee - coffee is amazing, I think the best I've had in Dublin.
Only the food - it's fresh and the meals are really big, but I can only say that it was ok. Nothing special, not terrible, but also not super good. I got Pad Thai which was way to spicy and veggie spring rolls - all was just average. On the other hand a friend of mine was really happy with the food so I suppose it depends on the person.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

We were excited to try Asian food and went to Mao. Warm welcome and a cozy place... other than that, absolutely terrible food. No disrespect, but their version of Asian food is boiled veggies/meat in water.

If you are from North America and wanna try Asian, do not even bother attending this place. Even worse, expensive food.

We were totally disappointed.... Sorry.