5,025 results
All reviews the executive lounge sideline bistro great hotel city centre hot towels minute walk bottled water fourth floor continental breakfast deluxe room hop on hop off bus mini bar o'connell street bar food modern hotel would highly recommend this hotel enjoyable stay
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We only had 2 nights in Dublin & chose the Croke Park because they offer free parking & we had a hire car. Wonderful modern hotel. Large bathroom with plenty of room to put 2 toiletries bags. This may sound strange but so many hotels don't have anywhere to put your things in the bathroom. Chair plus chaise in room. Large bed. Iron & trouser press. Was disappointed when we saw the mini bar fridge was the type that charge you automatically if you move anything but a simple request & it was emptied promptly so that we could place our own items in there.
The customer service was impressive. I misplaced my glasses one evening & thought I may have left them in the bar. I telephoned down & within 5 minutes someone was at my door to return my glasses! In fact they weren't mine! I found them in my room (oops!) but that doesn't take away the fact that they went out of their way I help me. Any questions at the front desk were dealt with friendliness & helpfulness.
The hotel has a big bar. I don't usually drink at hotel bars but my husband & I popped in & had drink while sitting on a super comfy lounge & watched a game on the giant screen. I imagine that this place gets rather crowded after games at the stadium across the street.
The distance into the main area of Dublin wasn't an issue. A 60c bus fare from up the road (3-5 min walk) had us in O'Connell st (shopping precinct) within a couple of minutes. That evening we caught a taxi back & it was 8 Euro. The ease of getting to the airport in the morning from the north side of the river & city as well as the free parking outweighed any need we had to stay in the centre of Dublin.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sandytravels_10
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Modern, but not stark and cold. Beautifully appointed. There is a stunning, very modern fireplace in one of the reception rooms, so inviting. Staff was very helpful. Breakfast was everything you could want and then some. I also had my first cup of American coffee that actually tasted really good. It is also spotlessly clean.

Room Tip: Large well equipped rooms are standard I am told. Mine was. This hotel is fairly close to the airport which worked well for departure.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Firebird8
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I can't say enough positive things about the wonderful customer service that I have received over the past week from Russell Hadley and Sean Reid of the Croke Park Hotel.

I had an issue where my tour operator didn't honour a booking that I made from Canada. While it was outside the Croke Park Hotel's jurisdiction, these two gentlemen contacted my tour operator and fixed the problem for me.

I am very impressed at the level of service I was provided, because it was a booking that was not within Croke Park's control or jurisdiction, yet they still looked into it for me. Anyone who stays at Croke Park is very lucky indeed.

I am looking forward to staying with this hotel in two weeks. The staff have already demonstrated a level of customer service - that is gracious, kind and thoughtful - that I have never experienced before.

Both gentlemen spent time away from their regular duties to help me, often outside of regular work hours. They made a difference in my travel experience and for that, I am very grateful.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Deborah B
Reviewed 21 September 2012

The Croke Park hotel has beautiful large rooms and modern bathroom. The beds are comfortable and the room is spotlessly clean. Free wifi internet was included and worked in our room. They have a restaurant - food was great but there are other local pubs walking distance from the hotel. The hotel is located across the street from the Croke Park Stadium. Though its on the outskirts of the city we were able to get to the hotel from the airport and the city using public buses. At the airport we purchased three day bus pass which included the Hop on and Hop off bus tour of the city (the green bus). We got on the #16 bus (or the #41) which took us down Drumcronde Road and stopped at Clonliff. From there we walked three short blocks to our hotel. You can also pay as you go on the bus but you need to have exact change; drivers don't carry cash so you get credit in return if you don't have the correct amount. Area was nice but we came and went during the day so ask the concierge if venturing out after dark is advisable. The On and Off Bus tour has a free shuttle which picks up at the hotel. If you miss the return shuttle or choose to stay down town, the public bus picks up across the street from the On and Off Bus tour. We loved this hotel, price was right and the local was convenient to local transportation. If you want to be in the center of the city this is not the hotel for you but if you are willing to take a bus or taxi you can be downtown in less than five minutes.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank BluebirdNJ
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I got a great deal online for a room including breakfast and the hotel should have been twice the price.
The room was large, comfortable and clean. With modern facilities, and large work desk and free wi-fi, I didnt get a room with a view, but that didnt worry me too much.
I had three breakfasts in the restautant, and a beer and snack in the bar. The club sandwich was ok, but the breakfast was a delight. Plenty of food the choose from and attentive staff to bring tea and toast and take away empty plates.
The room has an automatic charging minibar but clearly there was a problem with it, because despite taking items each day, it was not replenished during my staff and the receptionist seemed suprised when I handed her a list of items I had had over the three days, and there wasnt so much as a thank you. But this no longer suprised me. The service I recieved from reception during my staff was woeful.
Considering that this was my first trip to Dublin and Ireland, my preconceived ideas about Dublins being a friendly bunch of people, was proved wrong. At check-in I wasnt asked how my day was, what did I have planned whilst in Dublin or anything that showed the receptionist gave a damn. It wasnt until I checked out that I discovered that they had a concierge. When I did ask reception for a map, I was just handed a folded up map and the receptionist went back to talking to her colleauge. I had no idea where I was or how to get any where, with such a poor attitude I didnt waste my time asking for help.

Loved the hotel but would hesitate to go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo