“Brilliant..deff worth 4stars if not more!”

Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane
Ranked #33 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Derry, United Kingdom
“Brilliant..deff worth 4stars if not more!”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We have just returned from a 3 night stay in this hotel and it was more than we could have asked for. We were travelling for a leisure and shopping break. The hotel itself is lovely. The room was very spacious and very clean. The beds were also really comfortable..fell fast asleep every night! We ate in the resturant two nights and the food was amazing as well as the prompt service. The leisure centre was what really made our stay. The pool was lovely and was never too busy and the jacuzzi was great after a hard days shopping. I could see the gym from the swimming pool and it also looked impressive. The location of the hotel was also spot on..was just a five min walk to oconnel street and right opposite the bord gais theatre. The O2 was also.just across the liffy. The best thing about our stay was the friendly staff. From barry and fiona in the leisure centre to martin in the lobby..we were made feel really welcome.

2 Thank ails44
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Hello Ails44,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us during your recent shopping trip. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to Martin and also the team in the Leisure Centre. I am sure they will be delighted with the positive feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back for your next break in the future
Conor O'Kane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (576)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Swatragh Co Derry
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We Stayed here for short break with our Children! We got a fab offer which was Great value for money rooms were very clean, the children loved the pool which had great facilities! All the staff were very helpful, Martin went out of his way to help us! which was very much appreciated! The location was good as was the food!

I would stay again as we had such a good time and were looked after so well!

thanks a million!

Hello JoanneC,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am thrilled to see that you and your children enjoyed your stay with us and the use of our leisure facilities. I will be delighted to pass on your comments to Martin which I'm sure he will appreciate.
I look forward to welcoming you all back again on your next family trip
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Stayed 4 nights with my 3 children aged 17yrs, 15yrs and 11yrs. The rooms were immaculate and the large beds the most comfortable i've slept in. The leisure facilities were also great, the two younger children especially enjoying the pool. Pleasant staff and good quality food at reasonable price just added to overall satisfaction. Last but certainly not least is the location, a mere 15 minute walk and you're in O'Connell Street, the heart of the capital with its bustling shops and street entertainment. Would highly recommend this Hotel.

Hello Amiga426,

Thank you for taking the time to review Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and the use of our Leisure Facilities. I will ensure your positive feedback is passed on to all the team here.
I look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future for your next family getaway
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Positives for the Maldron are its great location, beside the Bord Gais Energy Theatre, across the river from the O2 and within walking distance from the city centre, or even better, a quick spin on the excellent Dublin Bikes.
Negatives are the lack of parking, onstreet parking there is €2.40 per hour (although it is free on Sunday), the food (we had two breakfasts and one dinner) was just ok. The dinner was from a good value menu, but that could not cover for the lack of taste and atmosphere in the restaurant. The room we were allocated was on the fifth floor, and had an interconnecting door with the room beside us. We did not notice at first, as there was nobody next door, but when the guests there arrived, we could hear their conversation as if they were standing in our room. They were not loud, the door was inadequate. Asked for a change of room, but they could not do it until the following morning. They said they would take something off the bill, but this did not happen. They did leave a plate of fruit in the new room, but was not really adequate. Rooms were adequate, one of the beds had a stain on the cover in the first room, as well as staining on the carpet. In the second room there was a couch which had seen better days.
Otherwise not too bad!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarathonMan101
Hello MarathonMan101,
I would to thank you for bringing these issues to my attention in your review above and I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us here in the Maldron Cardiff Lane. Please accept my sincerest apologies as this is far from our regular standards of customer care. I would be most grateful if you could call me on my mobile +353 87 968 2123 as I would like to discuss this matter with you.
Queens, NY
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I went to Dublin for a wedding and happened to be in town during the "Tall Ships Festival". The Hotel was next to the Quay and in the middle of all the festivities. It was perfectly located and was close to a lot of other sites in Dublin. The breakfast buffet was tasty but way overpriced. The rooms were clean the building itself seemed new. The front desk was very polite and friendly and Peter in the restaurant was unbelievably helpful and welcoming. Internet access was pretty good too (one of the reasons I chose this hotel over another option).

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Hello MartinGfromNY, Thank you for leaving such a lovely review of Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane and for recommending us. I am delighted that you got to enjoy your stay with us while attending a wedding; I hope the Tall ships festival was a delight for you despite the Irish weather. Do keep an eye on our website for great deals on your next visit. We will hopefully see you again very soon.
Conor O’Kane,