“Great value for money”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dublin, Ireland
“Great value for money”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Booked his hotel as a last minute quality time away with the other half as we don't get away that often. Got a fantastic price of €55 for a double room for the night so we really were'nt expecting much but upon arrival we were greated by a fantastic male receptionist who was so pleasant and fully of chat and looked after us so quickly but loads of attention. The room was huge, clean and bright. Only downside is that the noise from the main road was difficult for light sleeper and the bed was a bit creaky...everytime you moved during the night it creaked. But other than that...everything was great - nice to enjoy quality time together. Would use the hotel again - if the noise from the road was addressed and probably got a wonky bed, then it would have got a huge thumbs up!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't overlook the main road if you are a light sleeper.
1 Thank COLUMNS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Polish first
DUBLIN , IRELAND
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Like another reviewer, I booked the Hilton Dublin Airport as a Valentine's treat for my wife.

I opted for a suite, just to make it special.

Check in was pleasant, but at approx 1.30 the room wasn't ready which wasn't a big deal. We returned at 3pm and were given the keys. The suite is on the corner of the second floor and has lots of natural light. It is very spacious with separate bedroom and living area, each of which has a large flat screen tv.

Unlike the other reviewer, our suite didn't stretch to complimentary fruit and chocolates. Obviously the Valentines treats were not for all us couples!

There were a few other niggles: the minibar and pay movies were unavailable. I asked at reception and was told that because I had used a debit card to pay for the room, these facilities were unavailable. I pointed out that I always use the same card, and was quite happy to pre-pay these and for room service. This was declined and the facilities opened, with the request that I pay any outstanding charges at check out. A strange request, as this is precisely what I expect at checking out!

Other niggles were no show shine, no notepaper/pens, and the bathroom bin was out of its base. There were two balconies, but both were locked. Given the amount of visible bird droppings outside, this was no bad thing.

We ordered food from room service. The steak and fish & chips were superb: piping hot and generous portions.

We went to the restaurant for breakfast, gave the young lady our room number and followed her as she walked towards the seating area....and there we were abandoned. We chose a table and proceeded to get juice etc. As tea wasn't offered we had to call a waiter to order some, with a further request for milk. Surely these basics should be automatic, particularly as it was fairly quiet. The buffet was very good it must be said.

I hold Hilton Silver VIP status and elite status with several other hotel chains, and therefore would have a reasonable idea of what to expect from a hotel. Despite booking a suite, the level of amenities, the state of the balconies and the check in issues detracted from what was meant to be a treat for my wife. On the plus side, the food was excellent.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend last night as a last minute surprise Valentines gift. I don't live far from the hotel and had been here to eat in the main restaurant but had never stayed in the rooms. We were booked into a deluxe double on the 4th floor. It's an airport hotel so don't expect any views as most of the rooms will have views of the main road or other apartments. Check in was fine and the girl at reception was nice and helpful. The room itself was spacious and bright. little extras like fresh fruit, bottled water and chocolates were a nice touch. I had a nice sleep but the room did get quite warm during the night but there is air conditioning though we preferred not use it while we were sleeping. Only complaint I would have is that twice this morning someone tried to come into the room once at half 9 and again just after 10. Checkout is not till twelve so this just should have been checked with reception to see if we were still there and it's ok happening once but not twice. All in all though it's a really nice hotel.

Malta
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I was booked on a non-amendable/non-refundable basis for 5 nights and found it very pleasant with great rooms and facilites. On my first morning, driving into Dublin was a nightmare. I was late on my first day at work. Coming back was even worse: sitting in traffic for nearly 2 hours. From the car, I telephoned the hotel and asked if it was possible to change to the Hilton Kilmainham, Dublin. Despite my booking-type, the staff arranged everything very helpfully and I changed hotels that same evening. They transferred the booking so that I did not lose money, though I knew that the other hotel was more expensive and would have to pay the difference. Fair enough. I was impressed by their willingness to help and the speed with which they dealt with the problem. A very nice hotel but not for commuting into Dublin centre at peak times.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Nice place to stay if flying out early from DUB. Parking is good. The bar food is exactly for a snack. Rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
4.3 km away
4.5 km away
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
4.4 km away
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!