“Fantastic Location”

The Dawson Hotel & Spa
Ranked #102 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I stayed recently in La Stampa. I picked it firstly as I got a good deal for a room only, and secondly as the location is just perfect. Just off Grafton Street in the heart of Dublin City. They have a parking deal with the Setanta Car Park across the road of €12.50 for 24hrs which in Dublin is pretty good value. Overall the room was perfect, staff very helpful. Complimentary newspaper the next morning and help with my luggage. I would have no hesitation in recommending La Stampa as a base for exploring the city or for a shopping break...Its not too far to drop off the shopping bags.....

Room Tip: If you have a car use the Setanta Car Park. Show them your bill when paying for parking. Rate of €12...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank butterfly12
There are newer reviews for The Dawson Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 25 February 2012

Don't know about the hotel, but the resteraunt is really special. Was there with my husband Dave for a meal on a voucher. The food was excellent, as was the house wine. We only had to leave a tip as everything was included in this particular voucher. The restaurant is straight out of Paris and really beautiful with lovely mirrors.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tillydog7
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I didn't stay in the hotel but I had a meal in the restaurant which was the best meal I've had for some time. This is fine dining at it's best. Beautiful room, excellent service, fabulous food and all at a very reasonable price for this standard. Thoroughly recommend it

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank StillorganSteve
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Our frieds recommended us the hotel La Stampa in Dublin. A cosy hotel with good location, very nice room and nice hotel staff which was important for us. We´ll definitely come back again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2012

we stayed in la stampa for the second time on our new years trip to dublin. is the perfect location for shoping for nice restaurants and great pubs on your doorstep. the rooms are nice but no blanket in room and pillows were not to onr taste had to use the cushions instead.still location winns me over and would definately recommend this hotel. I was however a little disappointed on our visit as my partner surprised me on new years eve by proposing to me in our room he has organised it with the staff to let him leave a surprise in the room for me on our check in. anyway I was thrilled and so happy. couldnt wait to tell people told the staff on reception. am disappointed that noone thought to make a little fuss over us for our special occasion a free bottle of bubbly a room upgrade an invite to come back next year nothing surely a little treat wouldnt have put the management out too much ?lets face it its not everyday a couple use your hotel to get engaged in!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple