1,624 results
All reviews leisure centre leisure club tram stop swimming hat swimming pool luas line steam room lovely hotel minute walk dublin city centre family room cooked breakfast short break booked this hotel hotel bar full irish kylemore
Reviewed 22 February 2017

We stayed here for 2 nights on a weekend trip to Dublin. We used public transport to get from the airport/city centre and the hotel was about 30 mins from city centre on the bus and maybe a bit shorter on the tram. Once we'd figured it all out, the tram stop was about 5 /10 mins walk from the hotel which was really convenient.

Receptionist was very friendly and helpful and the room was fine except for the window which sounded like a steam train was blasting through the room - but it was a very windy weekend. Just one other point, my partner is over 6ft tall but even at 5ft 2 I was banging my head on the slanted ceiling in the bathroom! Tv wasn't working as there was no remote in the room but it was sorted within 15 mins of a phone call to reception. :)

Room Tip: Bit of road noise in the room at the front
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
BWSHEPARK, Operations Manager at Sheldon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with your insights following your recent two night stay with us at The Sheldon Park Hotel.

I am glad that the location worked for you in terms of getting out in and out of the city where you were able to soak up the atmosphere which Dublin has to offer. I was delighted to learn that all our reception staff extended such warm, caring and attentive service during the check-in procedure.

Thanks again for you kind words and we hope to see you again very soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

My wife and I arrived at the Sheldon Park hotel for our 2 night stay and were immediately greeted by the receptionist, who I think was called Elaine (forgive me if I'm wrong). We booked our stay through an agent who had booked us a twin room but on arrival the receptionist immediately asked us if we'd prefer a double room and changed it for us for free. She also then took the time to point out some places of interest and gave us directions of how to get there. Absolutely fantastic service. She is a credit to the hotel and the company.

Our room was perfectly equipped with everything we needed. We were informed that we could add breakfast to our stay for a reduced price so did. The breakfast consisted of one hot item from the menu (ie a full Irish breakfast or a bagel with poached egg and bacon) and also cereals, meats, pastries and toast. Good selection and the food was very good.

The hotel is a 2 minute walk from the Kylemore Luas line which allows you to get to Dublin City Centre easily.

Overall our stay was fantastic and, should we ever visit Dublin again, we would certainly look to stay at the Sheldon Park Hotel.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jermaine_Thompson
BWSHEPARK, Operations Manager at Sheldon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

Dear Jermaine,

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us in the Sheldon Park Hotel. I was delighted to read that you were happy with all aspects of your stay.

As you mentioned in your review our location is great for travelling into the city via the tram line, the tram can leave you off at city centre stops such as Jervis were you can really soak up the atmosphere which Dublin has to offer.

Thanks again for you kind words which I will share with Elaine and the rest of the team. Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 21 February 2017

The Sheldon is a beautiful Hotel with gym and swimming pool to enjoy, they have a great menu with all sorts of choices to suit what you want whether it be 3 courses, carvery served every day and bar snacks, with room service available. Stayed at The Sheldon for 3 nights and had to get into the city centre this wasn't an issue as the tram (the luas) is just a 3 minute walk down the road. Upon arriving the receptionist was very helpful and pleasant along with the bar and kitchen staff.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
BWSHEPARK, Operations Manager at Sheldon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Dear Lynsey,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I am thrilled that you thought so highly of us.

Here at The Sheldon Park Hotel we believe that our hard working team is the heart of our hotel and we take pride in providing excellent service. I was delighted to hear you found our dedicated team of service staff to be so helpful and pleasant. I will pass your comments onto all the team, who will be very happy to know that they had such a positive impact on your stay.

Do please come back and visit us again,

Reviewed 20 February 2017

I have been to this hotel on numerous occasions over the past ten years and will hopefully be returning for more over the next ten. The hotel is out of the. City centre but only a short ride in on the tram, staying away from the centre makes a big difference to the price and sheldon park is very good value for the price you pay.
The accommodation is very good and the rooms are kept clean.
The breakfasts is well worth having and is a good start to the day.
There is a bar and restaurant at the hotel this is open to the general public.
We had dinner in the bar for the three nights we we're their and the food was outstanding. I have to say the bar staff are a credit to the hotel and looked after us during our stay. The reception staff were also very helpful and always greeted you with a smile. I really would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to stay away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Garry,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following one of your very many visits.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us as one of our key priorities is to provide the highest level of service. The entire team will be thrilled to know that their efforts have provided you a pleasant and outstanding stay.

I hope to have the chance to personally meet you on your next visit.

Regards,
David Vaughey

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

When you book a hotel you always hope it will look as good in reality as it does in the pictures and quite often you are disappointed; not at the Sheldon Park it was everything we had hoped for and more. The owner must be extremely proud to run such a beautiful hotel. The rooms, the food and the service were all excellent with staff who couldn't do enough for you and were so friendly and welcoming. To top it all they have the best taxi driver in Paul Hennessy he is a total tribute to the Irish blessed to have met him.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mary R

Dear Mary,

Thank you for posting your review after your recent visit to us at The Sheldon Park Hotel.

I was delighted to learn that all our staff extended such warm, caring and attentive service and that you enjoyed in our beautiful hotel.

We are thrilled that you had such a nice time and thanking you for your wonderful recommendations. We look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards,