All reviews bunk beds temple bar free breakfast mixed dorm common areas your luggage big room smoking area airport bus would stay again cages wifi cereal shower liffey roommates quays
Reviewed 20 May 2018

Recently stayed at the Four Courts Hostel for a night and was pleasantly surprised as I am always hesitant about staying in hostels. The staff at the front desk was super helpful and very friendly, and promptly got us moving up to our room. Our room itself was very nice, we booked a private one and it included 2 bunk beds and a bathroom with a shower! It was very clean and even had a kettle and tea ready and waiting for us! It honestly made me wish we were spending more than just 1 night there! Reading other reviews I was a little nervous on the location, as it is beside a large drug rehab centre, but we didn't seem to find that to be any sort of issue, even walking back at night. My absolute only complaint is the sudden noise that started at about 5 am. It sounded like a mix of constant buzzing and people talking and moving around. I don't think it'd be fair to blame that issue on the hostel itself, as they have no control over the volume of other guests, but we found it very hard to sleep amongst all the noise. So maybe bring your earplugs! All in all, a pleasant experience and I would definitely stay here again in the future!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
FCHostel, Manager at Four Courts Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Hi there,

Thanks for your nice review! We pride ourselves on the staff here, so it's great that you appreciated them also.
Next time you come you'll have to make it more than 1 night ;)
Thanks for giving your view of the location, it's become a bugbear for some but the impact on us and our guests is not what others have made it out to be.

I'm curious about the noise, possibly there was a group checking out at that time but the noise shouldn't have persisted for too long. Aside from that I'm not sure what else it could have been, we haven't received reports of any maintenance issues like that but we'll keep it in mind.
We do have earplugs and eyemasks available at reception if there are any issues with noise/light.

All the best and happy travels!

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

A relatively nice hostel situated centrally and close to temple bar. Stayed for 3 nights and the staff were very helpful and just generally nice people. Only downside was that our room was situated next to the smoking area which meant that we had noise throughout a lot of the time we were there. Would recommend, especially for the cheap price!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

My friend and I got a single room, decent size, private bathroom and clean. We only stayed 1 night. It's safe and everyone is friendly.I would say it's geard more towards the young and free. Great location for food,pubs and shopping.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

As a group of girls travelling to Dublin to enjoy the night life, this place is not recommended.
Cheap and clean enough but that was the only positive. We were not able to check in until 3pm which we were not made aware of. The hostel is advertised as a place to party which is not the case. The place has a dirty feel about it.
Was not made aware that the location is very dangerous. The hostel is based right next door to the biggest methadone collection point in Dublin and is surrounded by drug addicts (I feel the hostel should be more clear about that).
We were stopped and escorted by the police on our walk back one night and told to put our phones away and to be vigilant as drug users and ‘ladies of the night’ enjoy gathering around the area. Not at all suitable for a group of young girls.
The staff also took umbrage to us having a friend who was from Dublin join us one evening for drinks. We were told they were not even allowed to stay 10 mins and must leave immediately. This was despite the fact we’d paid for 10 people to stay and there were only 8 of us.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Amelia P
Reviewed 7 March 2018

Good location for sightseeing, bad for druggies and traffic noise - please get a better window.

PROBLEM WITH WIFI: You can stream HD videos but not games on mobile devices, I am not sure why this is the case, not even VPNs work. Please put a password on the wifi and advertise it, and then allow people to play games.

Friendly staff, good breakfast although coffee tastes a bit bitter and the milk for cereal comes out of a machine which I don't fully trust.

Room Tip: Ask to not be facing the busy Dublin commuter belt. Also try to avoid second and third floor because it gets so hot there at night
Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends