Almara Bed & Breakfast Dublin
USD 206*
USD 198*
USD 270*
  • Restaurant
Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge(Dublin)(Great Value!)
USD 171*
USD 283*
USD 222*
Buswells Hotel
USD 154*
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
USD 138*
USD 134*
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb ba short bus ridecity centrebeaumont houseeden quayfriendly hostsnumber busclose to the airportgreat pubtea and coffee making facilitiesspent nightseach morninga great stayclean roomsirish breakfastwould definitely stay here againireland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Allan and Maria made us feel at home from their first welcoming smiles until their warm hugs good-bye. Allan answered all our touristy questions and gave us precise directions to and from Eden Quay on the number 14 bus making the 10 minute ride effortless. Maria greeted us each morning with a smile and the most delicious breakfasts from a varied menu. Our room was comfortable, cozy, and clean. We will certainly return to the Almara on our next visit to Dublin.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

I been there with my Japanese friend and I m totally enthusiastic about alamara b and b. The position it absolutely strategic. In fact is located between the airport and city centre of Dublin .
The rooms are cozy and comfortable and Alan _the owner_ gives you great indications in order to to visit the best of Dublin and Ireland.
He also serves you incredible types of Irish breakfast with 7 alternatives.... With no doubts is one of the bests b and b in Dublin....
Alamara?
The great place to be!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea I
Reviewed 1 November 2017

There are not many things going for this b&b - and a lot of things going against it.

- the walls are paper thin to expect to be woken up by your neighbours

- the breakfast ingredients are of very poor quality - tough bacon and crappy frozen sausages

- any request will be greeted with a 'no' by the owners. A simple request to leave my bags at the b&b for a couple of hours on the day of departure was greeted with a 'we won't be here' without even knowing what time I wanted to pick them up. A blatant lie

- residential area with literally no surrounding amenities. Expect to walk 20 minutes for the nearest crappy take out restaurant

- two of the rooms have a shared bathroom, however this is clearly stated on the website

- my room (single room - shared bathroom) was exceptionally small - a bed and nothing else

- general comfort poor - pillows seemed like air pillows and sheets were too small for mattress topper resulting in sheets coming off during the night

- main road - if you are in one of the three rooms at the front expect to have cars whizzing past at 50 mph all day and night

- all of this for €80/night. Save yourself the hassle and stay at the Travel Lodge in Rathmines which I believe has the same weekday rate (more at weekend). You will be far more comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Alan & Maria offer excellent services at their B&B. It is a very clean comfortable guesthouse; just 15 to 20 mins by bus from city centre, 10 mins by car to airport and 20 mins walk to DCU. Maria is reliable in all her suggestions, regarding travelling tips and places to visit and Alan cooks an excellent breakfast :) I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2017

I stayed in a single room in Almara this week. It cost €79. The room was tiny and grubby with no chair, table or sink. Worst of all I had to share a bathroom with room 5!!! I thought that was a thing of the past.
The room was supplied with one small towel suitable only as a hand towel. It had a stain on it! As a result I did not feel like having a shower.
I ate breakfast which was adequate and left asap feeling angry and disappointed. I made no complaint to Maria because I did not wish to start a very busy day with a pointless conflict that was not going to benefit me.
It was easily the worst accommodation I ever stayed in and extremely poor value for money. This premesis is simply not suitable for a B&B.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business