“Best stay and breakfast in all of Ireland”
Review of Annagh House

Annagh House
Ranked #111 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
“Best stay and breakfast in all of Ireland”
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We stayed here two times on my last trip, once at the beginning and once at the end. The owners were wonderful and so accommodating. I felt like I was at home. Although the location isn't center, it was only a short bus ride and there were still things to do near the b&b. They served one of the best breakfasts I have ever had and also offered many different times to get breakfast. When we were done with our stay he helped us get a taxi and also offered us any other information that we needed. I would recommend this to everyone and hope to stay there again!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank fitzhg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 9 June 2011

I had to come to this B&B fleeing Slievenamon Manor, just next door to it. Slievenamon Manor was so dirty I could not even stay for one night and the owner from this one helped me get my money back. Fairly clean in general. Did not have a chance to try the breakfast since I left too early in the morning.
Very helpful owner and very nice treatment.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank AnaIP2011
Holbrook, New York
Reviewed 15 April 2011

Our family stayed at Annagh House in early April, 2011. John and Delia greeted us as we arrived at their beautiful home and made us feel very welcome.
Their home is beautifully decorated (Victorian)...the bedrooms are lovely and very comfortable. Full Irish breakfast, delicious. Having previously stayed in city centre, Clontarf was a revelation. Annagh House faces the seaside and you can take a good walk along it.
Upon John's recommendation, we drove a short distance to Howth, going up to the summit, great views of the lighthouse. Lovely lunch at The Abbey Tavern. A short ride down the road from Annagh House is The Yacht club, great atmosphere and the food was delicious. I can't emphasize enough how helpful and gracious the Devlins are. I hope this was just my first visit to Annagh House!

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank gallfour
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 July 2010

My mom and I traveled around Ireland bookending the front and back stays at Annagh House. This was a great decision on our part to be out of the main tourist area of Dublin while allowing for easy access to downtown and Howth. We ate seafood in Howth and enjoyed the scenic drive. Dublin was easy to get around.
John and Delia were perfect hosts. John even got up early to give us a light breakfast on our flight morning back to the US.
Great location, friendly and clean, what else can you ask for!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Debbie_and_mom
Berlin
Reviewed 11 July 2009

Annagh House is situated halfway from Dublin city to the beautiful island Howth. Right across the street is the shore of the mouth of the Liffey and there is even a large sandy beach only a few minutes walk away. Only several minutes by bus or train either to city center or to Howth. But no direct bus connection to the airport - we paid about 25 € for the taxi.

John is very friendly and helpful.

The room was simple, but ok. Unfortunately we had the only room that is right under the roof and since I am very tall, I had to take care not to hit the ceiling.

The breakfast was good. We had continental with cereals, selection of cheese, yoghurt and fruit.

Annagh House is good value for money and we can recommend it.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple