“Ok but it’s a way out of Dublin ”
Review of Da Mimmo

Da Mimmo
Ranked #245 of 2,831 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: USD 0 - USD 17
Cuisines: Deli, Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family run Italian restaurant based in North Strand since 2010. Delicious Pizza, Pasta and home made food available daily. Voted top restaurant in 2014 by Lovin' Dublin
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I wasn’t sure when I booked that the restaurant is way out of town, when we arrived the restaurant was full and as it was really small we had had very little space to wait.

When we did get a table the staff were ok but a little terse and looked like they had been trained in a pizza takeaway or KFC and not a fine dining restaurant.

The food was ok but not memorable. Taxis were again expensive and the whole trip from central Dublin was nearly 40
Euros. I’m sure I could have found a much Better location in walking distance of where I stayed

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Really good food - you would think you were in a local restaurant in the heart of Italy. The waiting staff are Italian and the menu is really wide and varied. Excellent value and very close to city centre. The only problem is the actual location;. Da Mimmo is in a dodgy part of town - you just don't expect such high class food in this neighbourhood. A great surprise!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

The food in this restaurant is amazing. A real authentic Italian experience. A slight criticism of the restaurant is that it is quite small. So it can get quite busy and packed. But if you go mid week it isn’t as busy.

I recommend the red wine in the photo ;)

Reviewed 23 March 2018

I have heard many good things about Da Mimmo and it sure did not disappoint. I went there for dinner with friends and they were serving a Valentine'S day special risotto, which must have been the best risotto I have ever tasted.

I also tried some pizza, which was very good, but not that exceptional. Their wine was tasty as well.

Also, the staff was very friendly and it made the whole experience that much better.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

We eventually tried Da Mimmo at the weekend after planning to for a long time but never managing it so was looking forward to it and it didn't disappoint. The restaurant was busy with a nice atmosphere and the staff are friendly and helpful. We found the food very tasty and big portions but had little criticisms although did not affect our experience but can't give 5 stars but 4.5. For starters the INSALATA MEDITERRANEA was very good along with the CROSTONE DI CAMPONATA but it was a little dry. For mains the RIGATONI SALSICCIA E BROCCOLI was very good but the TAGLIATELLE AL SALMONE a little heavy on the cream and butter. The TIRAMISU was very nice to finish along with a carafe of wine which is a good addition along with glasses and bottles. Overall I really enjoyed, will be back soon and the value is excellent for what you get. Keep it up.