“Brilliant night out”

Ranked #283 of 2,883 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: USD 17 - USD 35
Cuisines: Diner, Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We strive to make dishes that reflects a true Italian's most essential Senses and Flavors - exceptionally tasty but simple food. Ingredients are sourced from Italy interpreting dishes from the Campagna Region. Our food is freshly prepared every day using the freshest ingredients where possible from Italy. We plan our menu's according to seasonal fresh produce.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Everyone tells me how fussy I can be so when I say had a brilliant night out I mean it.
Had popped down to Dublin for Matilda with the children and took a chance based on Trip advisor. Got lucky with a table at eight. The restaurant was full and buzzing.
The service was excellent throughout the night and the food was a pure delight for everyone.
My daughter and wife had Bruschetta and I had the rice balls (forget name) but beautiful.
They went on to have authentic Italian Pizza’s , chicken cacciatore and I had the seafood risotto. All were cleared.....finished with a chocolate fondant and ice cream dessert and coffee.
I will definitely return to this restaurant. The service and quality of food was spot on.
Thank you.

Paul M, Owner at Il Caffe di Napoli, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for taking the time out to write this wonderful review. It has truly put a smile on our face to hear that you and your family enjoyed your visit to Il Caffe Di Napoli so much. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon!

Reviewed 14 March 2018

I have been to this restaurant twice in the past few weeks, for lunch. The daily special are gorgeous, on both occasions.
We have found the staff to be attentive, without being instructive.
The dining room is down stairs and nicely laid out and the staff are all Italian, so it feels very authentic

Paul M, Owner at Il Caffe di Napoli, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Hello!

Thank you for this review! We are delighted to hear that you have returned to us for your lunch twice in the last couple of weeks. We hope we will continue to see you!

Reviewed 2 March 2018

As a train commuter I have walked past this place so many times thinking it was a little coffee shop ..... well I was delighted to discover there is a lovely restaurant downstairs. Myself and my friend visited after work on a Friday, we didn't have a reservation so were lucky to get a table considering everyone else seemed to be regulars and well known by the staff. Anyway onto the food.... we shared a starter of Arancini (€7.85) which was fab and the dressing it came with was just fab, I then had squid ink linguine with prawns (€18.85) nice portion size with a lovely flavour to the sauce - I would have loved some crusty bread to mop it up it was that nice! My friend had rigatoni polpette (€16.75) which she said she enjoyed and would have again. Our meal in total came to €52.45 this included a coke and a glass of red wine. The restaurant has a cosy atmosphere and the staff are very friendly - love, love this place will be going back very soon ... with a reservation!!!

Paul M, Owner at Il Caffe di Napoli, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Hi Suzy,

Wow, what a lovely review! Thank you for taking the time out to write it. We are very happy to hear that you and your friend enjoyed your visit. We are usually very busy so we do recommend a reservation to avoid disappointed but we are already looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Paul

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

On my second visit to this restaurant and like my first time it was a delight, great varied menu, good prices, and great service. Lots of people don’t realise that below their coffee cafe to the front there is a great restaurant below. Very enjoyable worth a visit.

1  Thank geojon
Paul M, Owner at Il Caffe di Napoli, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Hello,

Thank you for your kind words about Il Caffe Di Napoli! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed both your first and second visit to us and we look forward to welcoming you back again and again!

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

I went with a group of Irish - Italian friends...the place is very nice but the service was very slow and the pizza was not good at all. The reviews on trip mentioned that it was a good Italian pizza. I disagree . La pasta della pizza non era lievitata bene and was difficult to digest. Il forno elettrico anche non hai aiutato... ok for international standard of pizza...not a good Italian pizza. Also very expensive. One pizza and coke 22 Euro. Sorry but I def do not recommend this place for Italians...