“€5.75 for a bagel!!!....you what now??!!”

Olive Green Espresso Bar
Ranked #56 of 205 Coffee & Tea in Dublin
Price range: USD 6 - USD 8
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Independently owned. We specialise in Freshly prepared on the premises: Lasagne,Spinach & Ricotta Cannelloni,Honey Baked Ham, 3 Quiche and 14 delicious Salads and our famous Gourmet Sausage Roll.We also bake a wide range of cakes, snacks and healthy Granola.Our coffee is an Italian style blend hand roasted from McCabes second generation artisan coffee roasters and our trained Baristas have years of experience.
Reviewed 14 July 2016

I usually go to the Spar across the road if I want a sandwich or something hot to eat but as I was a little late the queue was out the door so I notice Olive Green was pretty empty...eh...I can totally see why. I ordered a bagel, with egg mayo, swiss cheese, spinach leaves & red onion & when I got to the counter I was charged €5.75...absolute rip off!, I dread to think how much it would cos if I'd had some meat in it!!! Plus I could knock somebody out with the bagel it was that hard...ended up leaving some of it because I simply couldn't bite into it.

I don't understand where they are coming from with those prices especially as there is so much value to be had along lwr and upr Baggot St for lunch. I've given 2 stars because the little bit of egg mayo I got in my bagel was lovely...but I definitely won't be returning.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Found this little establishment while staying across the street in the Grand Canal Hotel. Excellent yummy choices for sandwiches, soups and deserts. We sat outside in the small front courtyard seating area. Lovely little find for a quick lunchtime stop.

Reviewed 23 November 2015

Quite expensive by my account. maybe I don't conform to the socio-economic status quo in the area. Nonetheless, I was impressed by the hot chocolate I received in shop. It was a quiet day when I went in, only two other customers. But the lack of customers didn't seem to bother me. I feel grand on my phone zipping through the internet. I would go again, and maybe not use the wi-fi and try to get a better feel of the ambience.

Reviewed 12 November 2015

I haven't been in a while and went back as it always looks a little quiet and I like to support local business. It's easy now to see why people go elsewhere. I ordered a sandwich, which was nice but nothing to set it apart from Spar across the road. There was no queue so I'll gladly pay the extra EUR1.50 more for convenience. I then ordered a regular soup. The damage? EUR9!!! Are you kidding me? When I asked how much the soup was, I was told by the owner that it was EUR4.50. The expression on my face caused him to add 'it includes bread!! A slice of sliced pan that they probably picked up in Spar! Butter not included! On a street with such quality establishments like Cocu, Coffee to Go, Eathos etc, Olive Green would want to recognise what it is and lower its prices. It the most expensive by far! A homemade soup, homemade bread and soup in coffee to go is half what I paid here for here for distinctly average food. The soup was cold.

I'll be walking to the other side of Baggot Street bridge in future.

Reviewed 1 August 2015 via mobile

Love , love, love this place ! Been coming there for years and has consistently proved to be my favourite take-away lunch venue in Dublin . Excellent , well priced , tasty food and lovely staff !

2  Thank Nomads2011