“Favorite hotel in Dublin!!”
Review of Hampton Hotel

Hampton Hotel
Ranked #27 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I've probably stayed at the Hampton Hotel 4 or 5 times now. It's location is perfect- it's in Donnybrook which is a very cute area just outside of the city center. You are within walking distance to a beautiful park, cafes, restaurants and pubs. There isn't as much hustle and bustle as staying in the city center. It's also on the main bus line that goes into the city center, or if the bus isn't your style- a quick taxi ride. You can probably even walk into the city center if you wanted. The hotel is fantastic! The staff are welcoming, nice and beyond accommodating. It's a beautiful boutique style hotel with a fun flair. The rooms are spacious, and beautiful! Each room has a faux fireplace and are colorfully decorated. I can not recommend this hotel enough! Hampton Hotel is my favorite boutique hotel I've ever stayed in (and I travel A LOT). Love staying here! Can't wait for my next visit!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy D
There are newer reviews for Hampton Hotel

Reviewed 20 January 2012

I decided to take my girlfriend to Dublin as she had never been there before. I wanted a Hotel that was within walking distance from the city centre, but not too close to the hustle and bustle of the city. The Hampton Hotel was perfect! The room we had was unreal! The bed was very comfortable and could fit at least 4 people, the bathroom had a bath for two people and everything was spic and span! The staff were always very helpful. It really made our stay in Dublin something to remember!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CHRISTOPHE G
Reviewed 20 January 2012

My partner and I had a fabulous stay here and fairly recommend. The hotel has a warm feel with amazing decor. We stayed in room 300, which is outstanding! All the staff were more than helpful. Would have liked to have stayed longer.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I had a 3 course meal here with my husband, last Sunday. We live near Dun Laoghaire and would not usually go to the city for a meal but I had got a voucher for it. I have to say it was a most enjoyable meal. There were plenty of choices yet not too many. I had duck spring roll and my husband had goats cheese salad for starters. We both had atlantic cod on risotto for mains. I must have had a bad experience with risotto once upon a time; I don't remember; so I never order risotto. However, I wanted the fish and it came with the risotto so I thought well I don't have to eat the risotto. If there ever was a bad experience it is now forgotten - the risotto was out of this world. I accept that because I never ate risotto I may not be a good judge but, for me, it was divine. The cod was lovely and we had mushrooms on the side. We then had creme brulee and that was delicious too. Service was pleasant so, all in all, big thumbs up!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2012

The rooms are brilliant—big, comfortable, with fantastic beds and large bathrooms. The restaurant is not amazing, but it's all right; there's all-night room service, and breakfast is great. The staff was always extremely helpful.

The hotel is about 30-40 minutes on foot from Temple Bar, but it's an easy straightforward path.

My only real issue with the Hampton Hotel was the wi-fi, which wasn't reliable at all—service was spotty and kept crashing. It was fine for checking emails and whatnot, but prolonged browsing, downloading and gaming were out of the question.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends