1,618 results
All reviews jacuzzi bath dvd player selection of dvds executive suite infrared sauna small sauna city centre secure parking aviva stadium full irish breakfast minute walk small hotel single room bus stop right nespresso machine quiet neighborhood merrion square
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was in Dublin overnight for a course and although I wouldn't normally stay somewhere like this the location and fact that is had parking made it perfect. I was travelling solo so I normally prefer larger hotels with a larger common area however I was impressed with the lodge and would stay again. The staff were very helpful, nothing was too much trouble, the room as it was a single was a bit cramped however was fine for one night and although my room was over looking the main road I didn't hear a thing and slept soundly all night. I would certainly return again, the lodge definitely has a certain kind of charm about it.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Very nicely presented, they have thought of everything all the little things, very comfortable beds, ladies at reception very helpful and friendly. Nicely decorated, great to have parking available and overall a positive experience.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2018

As I was going to a gig I was looking for accommodation close to the 3 Arena and happened to come across the Roxford Lodge when searching. Rooms were hard to come by in the city as it was the October Bank Holiday weekend and the marathon crowd were swarming thru the streets!
Roxford Lodge is located in the leafy suburbs of D4 however is only a 15/20 min straightforward walk to the 3 Arena. The hotel itself is an original large old Victorian style dwelling but the interiors are thoroughly modern. Parking is located @ the rear of the property but very easily accessed. The room itself was probably one of the best I've stayed in the city. Very reasonably priced too. Modern decor with a lot of extra touches (ie. dvd player/selection of dvds, nespresso style coffee machine, jacuzzi style bath, local mobile phone for use but to name a few). Obviously as I was only staying the one night and attending a gig (Van Morrison) I did not get to try many of these extras!
A few steps out the back entrance lies Ryans Beggar's Bush a nice old style Irish pub where I stopped for a few pints of Guinness on my way to the gig. Upon returning I had a great sleep - comfortable bed and a very peaceful/quiet hotel! Breakfast was very good too with a large and varied selection of items. I took a walk around the area afterwards. The Grand Canal is but a few steps down the road and as other reviews have mentioned the Aviva stadium is also very close to the property. Check in & check out were very quick and all the staff were friendly & welcoming. In conclusion I would recommend Roxford Lodge very highly.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

Our stay at the Rockford Lodge Hotel was wonderful. Our room was gorgeous with high ceilings and beautiful drapes and bedding, the bathroom had a separate thermostat with heated floors and a towel warmer, everything felt very luxurious. The location was very convenient, about a 15 minute walk to Trinity College. Free parking in a gated lot was also a plus. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. If we come back to Dublin we would stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night and we weren't disappointed. We will definitely be back. Clean, reasonable price and plenty of room. It was thirty minutes approximately from the room to the venue but on a dry night it was a lovely walk.

Trip type: Travelled with friends