Schoolhouse Hotel
USD 242*
USD 232*
USD 174*
  • Breakfast included
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
USD 152*
USD 234*
USD 213*
1,260 results
All reviewsfree moviesunique hotelgrand canalcity centreminute walkmerrion squareaviva stadiumtrinity collegebord gais theatregreat barquiet locationroom was largedublin airportbar fooddart stationbreakfast was deliciousgrafton st
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We stayed the night of March 17 and this location was "parfect" as the Irish say - a short walk to the Temple Bar lively pub action but in a quiet residential area. The small hotel has plush, upscale decor but with the charm and quirky architecture of an old school. It's the staff, however, that makes this place great. Jennifer and Jenny at the front desk went beyond being helpful with directions and information and Jennifer even sent a follow-up email after we returned to the U.S to inform us a Global cell phone that was to be sent to the hotel had not arrived. The attached pub had a friendly bar staff and live music. Breakfast was both an individual hot meal and the continental buffet. Everything passes with flying colors!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Balanceandjoy
Reviewed 24 March 2012

excellent stay----best short-break we have had
staff very helpful and friendly
lovely hotel and very comfortable
good breakfasts and our three meals at the inkwell bar were good
we would definitely stay there again!!!!!!

Room Tip: choose 32- odds to get a top-floor rear room---nice and quiet
1  Thank Iain G
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Schoolhouse Hotel. The rooms were clean and quiet and the staff was helpful and it's location in Ballsbridge is VERY convenient for visiting Dublin. I'd recommend this to anyone traveling there!

1  Thank adamctsullivan
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Great hotel! Ten minute walk to Aviva and 20 min to Temple Bar. Not surrounded with the pub atmosphere. Resturant and Schoolhouse Bar on site. Food in bar was very good. Bartender was fun and made mixed drinks which doesn't always happen in Ireland! Since Beer is drink of choice! Front desk staff were very helpful with directions and offerring to carry luggage etc. Beds were pretty comfy with extra pillows. Negative-not in GPS/Sat Nav so have phone # available and minimal parking in a very small lot.

Room Tip: Several doors to go thru to get to room from reception area. There is an elevator!
1  Thank sportbros
SchoolhouseHotel, General Manager at Schoolhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Dear Sportbros,

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments regrding your recent stay at The Schoolhouse Hotel. We are lucky to have such a fantastic location and a great team that go that extra mile to ensure our guests enjoy their time at The Schoolhouse.

Again thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated. I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Schoolhouse in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Jenny

Reviewed 9 March 2012

I stayed at the Schoolhouse Hotel for almost while visiting Dublin for work. If you work at Google or Accenture, this hotel is a perfect location. It isn't in the heart of Dublin but I prefer not being in the middle of all the commotion. I also like that this was once a schoolhouse and has this old school charm.

The rooms well sized, very clean, and the service here is exceptional. They are so helpful with every request and gracious. They helped me book my Fabulous Food Trails walking tour right when I arrived and called me a cab - I was here no longer than 5 minutes before heading back out.

The rooms are fairly quiet although you can hear muffled voices on occasion. The linens and towels are great. The room has a small television which I don't mind because I don't watch much TV. There is also a refrigerator and free wifi which works well.

There are also some good restaurants just a 5 minute walk like Paulie's Pizza, Juniors, or the Chop House. Or cross the canal and head into town with at 15 minute walk.

I wil stay here the next time I'm in town. A perfectly lovely stay. I prefer smaller boutiques to large establishments so this was perfect for me.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank trips12345567

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to put your kind comments online, your feedback is much appreciated.

The Schoolhouse is ideally located for those travelling to the corporate clients around the Grand Canal and Barrow Street area as it is only minutes walk to the office doors!

I am delighted to see you found the service exceptional - we truly pride ourselves on the service which we provide to our guests to ensure they have an enjoyable stay with us.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to The Schoolhouse Hotel in the near future so please do bear us in mind when travelling to Dublin next.

Kind regards,