Stauntons on the Green
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
The Dean(Dublin)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsiveagh gardensgreat locationgrafton streetst stephensno elevatorgeorgian buildingstephen's greennational concert hallyogurtguest housefull irish breakfastthe ground floorwould stay here againcentral dublintrinity collegefamily roomsingle bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Looks small from the outside but, once you go in, you find an attractive and spacious townhouse with large common rooms and big bedrooms. Got a warm welcome from the front desk (it was freezing outside) and the room was a good size, very clean and as it was on the side, quiet too. Mind you, the south side of St Stephens Green is not that noisy anyway.

Breakfast was great - anything you want from a full Irish to muesli and everyone I spoke to at the hotel was very amiable. Very good value for money too.

Previously I have stayed in or near Temple Bar on numerouns trips to Dublin, but I shall stay here again because, even though it's 15 minutes walk from the bottom of Grafton Street, it's a much more relaxing place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the side or the back.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Ideal location for city break. Lovely spacious rooms, ours at back of house was very quiet other room on Street side noisier. Five pals stayed in 2 rooms, out the front door , a walk through St. Stephens Green to Grafton St and in the shops in minutes. Lovely breakfast and friendly staff, reasonable rates, these girls already planning return visit!

Room Tip: Back of house possibly quieter
Reviewed 22 January 2012

This place was better than I expected. Great location, Great price, Unbeatable Customer service by ALL, clean and within walking Distance to about everything. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by Heidi who had upgraded us to a very large, clean and cozy room that overlooked the park. If you’re a light sleeper you may want to ask for another room on the other side of the building. But it was Perfect for us. We had found a very Cheap place for food called The Baggot Inn, Great food, happy hr and not far from the hotel. Thank you!

Reviewed 13 January 2012

We arrived before check-in time after a quick flight from Edinburgh. They repeatedly apologized that our room wasn't ready even though "we" were the ones that were early. They offered to look after our luggage so that we could go explore the city. My friend and I decided to work on a game plan for our day instead. The very kind gentleman helped us relocate our bags into a parlor area around the corner from the desk. Sitting on the broken-in sofas and just relaxing after 10 days of being on the go in London and Edinburgh was awesome. I told them that I felt like I was at home. (Although at home, I'm not sure anyone would help me carry my bags!) We no sooner sat down before they said our room was ready. We were up one level and quickly scurried up the stairs to our room. Yes, this is an old building. The floors creak under the carpet and you can see the layers of paint on the shutters on the windows. BUT, wow...does this place have character! We loved it! We had requested two twin beds and were thrilled when they gave us a large room facing St. Stephen's Green and we each had our own double sized bed. There was also a spare twin bed in the room. Breakfast was included each morning and it was more than ample. Everything was within walking distance or near the hop on/hop off bus. If I were to ever go back, I would not hesitate to stay here again! The bed was comfy (and I have a bad back) and I found everything to be perfectly charming.

Room Tip: Our room faced the street which was a little bit noisy, even with the shutters and drapes drawn. If you need quiet, you might want to request a different area.
2  Thank DVSDonnaV
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Last September/October I stayed at Stauntons for 4 nights. I had been to Dublin about 20 years before and was familiar with the St Stephen's Green area so I knew I wanted to be near there. I was traveling with my Mom who had some difficulty walking so it was important to have a room that didn't require have a lot of stairs. When I contacted the hotel directly they informed me of an additional room that wasn't showing on their website. It was located downstairs near the breakfast room and was perfect. It was very small and did not have air conditioning but that was perfect for us. There were large windows we could open but it was very quiet. Even in the morning with all of the hustle and bustle of people going to breakfast it was still pretty quiet. I enjoyed the breakfast - it was minimal but a perfect way to start the day. The menu is available on their website. Their location is good because they are right across the street from the park which was enjoyable each morning. The hop-on hop-off tour buses leave from the other side of the park so it only took a few minutes to get there. There is also a pedestrian shopping area on the other side of the park - there was fast food and other restaurants in that area. If you continue walking through the pedestrian area you find yourself very close to Trinity College. The one downside to the location is that depending on what time you get back to the hotel at night the park may be closed so you have to walk around it. The streets were lit well but there aren't many pedestrians out. The staff at the hotel was always very friendly. I would defintely consider staying here again. Also, on the website they say that the have a garden in back. To get into the garden the front desk clerk has to unlock the gate for you. Personally, it wasn't worth going in there because St Stephen's Green is much prettier.

Room Tip: Our room was in the back of the hotel so it was near the park which was quiet. I can't say for sure, but I would think even rooms in the front of the hotel would not be that noisy because in the evening the traffic is very light and there were no pubs on that block.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family