Ashling Hotel
USD 411*
USD 286*
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
USD 152*
USD 232*
USD 209*
Agoda.com
4,909 results
All reviewsphoenix parkiveagh barguinness factorynancy handsheuston train stationcity centresuperior king roomgreat hotelnational museumminute walktram linekilmainham gaolbreakfast buffetluas stopacross the riverbreakfast was amazingbar food
Reviewed 2 April 2012

this is a very nice upscale hotel. seems pretty business oriented but my family was very comfortable. this hotel is not really within walking distance of city center or temple bar but is very convenient to the tram which will take you there.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Stayed here for three nights on a city break. Great location, just over the road from Heuston station so easy connections for trips and the airport. Also just a few minutes walk from the Luas station, which takes a few minutes into the city. All the staff: at check in, check out, at breakfast and in the bar, were helpful, friendly and knowledgable. We ate breakfast in the hotel every morning. The food was lovely and the choice excellent. The manager was also helping out on two occasions, which is a great way for them to ensure standards remain high. The bar always seemed popular and we had a few drinks in there and also something to eat. A steak baguette and the irish stew - which was amazing. The bar was really comfortable with proper eating places and also big comfy sofas. We had a superior room, which was furnished very well, as was the whole hotel. Clean, comfortable with a nice hot shower. Free wifi throughout the hotel was also a bonus. The only downside to our room was that we were situated on the front of the hotel on the first floor, thereby directly above the Luas. This was noisy at night and did disturb our sleep a few times. I would definitely stay at this hotel again, but I would request a room at the back of the hotel - even though you wouldn't get the view of the Liffey and the park.

Room Tip: When booking, I did say we were arriving at 10am and upon arrival our room was available to check in. This was great that we didn't have to wait around until the afternoon.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Travelled to Dublin on business & Bokked a single room for 1 night. Nice looking clean hotel. Located near the river, tram link to city centre at the doorstep, Guinness storehouse is only a 20 minute walk.
The single room was pretty big. Close to a suite of a typical European hotel. Tea & coffee facilities and 32" flat screen tv, in room. Iron upon request.
Breakfast was good too.
Only thing I missed was a mini bar in room and moisturiser. (didn't take my own as I wanted to take only hand luggage & hand luggage has a restriction o 100ml.)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the view of Guinness Storehouse.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I was pleasantly surprised when I approached the Ashling, it looked modern and well presented and the reception was beautiful with modern decor and furnishing. The reception staff were nice, me and my partner had arrived before check in time, however that wasn't a problem and they gave us our room key straight away which was great! We were on the 4th floor, and on entering the room we were extremely disappointed, we had seen fantastic pictures online when booking with bright spacious and modern refurbished rooms but our room was dated, dark and dirty! The bathroom was very very old and worn, tiles were broken on the floor and dirt had gathered between the cracks. The bath had rusty holes on the bottom? which was disgusting. I actually felt like If I was to shower in the bath I would feel dirtier coming out of the bath?? The room we were given wasn't a double room but a triple, with a double bed located in the centre of the room and then a single in the corner. The view from our window was looking into other peoples windows, and when you looked up you couldn't even see the sky! so the room was very very dark. And the curtains/blinds on the windows were discoloured and dirty with stains they could have been doing with being replaced!
The double bed was small, but relatively comfy and thankfully the bed sheets and towels ect were clean and changed everyday so that was great. Tea/coffee facilities in the room was great, and the shortbread was very yummy, and the overall cleanliness of the room was ok.
So over all the room was a disappointment as when we had booked we had no idea we could have received a room like it? so it was very misleading. We were expecting a 4 star room and received a 2/3 star.

Staff/Hotel Facilities/Food:
The staff were lovely when they acknowledged you, however sometimes they seemed far to busy with tasks. One of the nights (after 10pm) me and my partner fancied a snack, we knew there was vending machines in the hotel so made our way down to find both were broken with food in them, when saying to the receptionist she replied with 'I know its a pain when you fancy something and they are broken, the nearest shop is 15 minutes away' We didn't fancy the walk after 10pm at night so returned to our rooms feeling a little let down.
Food prices in the hotel were very very expensive, however I cant comment on the food itself as we only had breakfast.
Breakfast was lovely, choices from Continental and then Irish buffet breakfast. Me and my partner never went hungry in the morning and was happy with the different variety of foods to chose from I would say its a 4 star breakfast. However fresher fruit and a better presentation would bring the breakfast to a 5 star!

Location:
The location was great, wasn't bang in the middle of everything but wasn't to far out either! Loads of transport just across the road (Bus station and Luas line) and a pleasant 25/30 minute walk to Temple bar and all of the shops.
Me and my partner visited the Zoo, Guinness Factory, and the Kilmainham Jail, St.Stephens Green and the museums all in which we're great days out and not bad prices some being free (if your a student its discounted! even better.)

Over all I was happy enough with my stay at the Ashling but I wouldn't return or recommend it to family and friends, I feel that they shouldn't be advertising the refurbished rooms and still letting out the older rooms I don't see how that's fair when the prices are the same? It's just pick of the draw basically shouldn't be that way.

Room Tip: Beware the un-refurbished rooms!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank melissa_xo
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This hotel is very conveniently located across from Heuston train station. Very short walk (2 minutes or less) to get to the train. The hotel was clean. The staff was very attentive. We arrived very early in the morning and check in time is not until late afternoon. The staff had our rooms ready by 10 am which was wonderful since we had an overnight flight and were exhausted. There is a bar area just off the lobby where we dined twice and had a late night Guinness and/or tea each night before retiring. We only ate breakfast at the restaurant once, but it was good. They had maps available and were very helpful about giving directions and information. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends