4,840 results
All reviews knights bar fahrenheit grill indigo lounge real castle four poster bed modern amenities city centre amazing hotel bus stop dublin airport ireland vijay wedding armour concierge howth euro
Reviewed 7 December 2009

We stayed here for a short romantic break and were upgraded to one of their wonderful 4 poster suites with a roll top ensuite bath. The suite was full sized, as was the bath and we loved it. The hotel public areas are fabulous and well kept, the restaurant food is excellent and original, the bar is large yet characterful.

The only problem with the hotel is its poor location, its not really in Dublin at all and if you're thinking of enjoying the cities ubiquitous nightlife then stay elsewhere, buses are slow and infrequent and taxis are expensive. But as an interesting place to spend a weekend Clontarf castle was wonderful.

Its real weaknes is its "middle of nowhere" location, I'm pleased I stayed and experienced the place, but wouldn't do so again, for no other reason than I've already stayed there and whilst it is indeed a destination in itself we have many similarly historic hotels in England, and I can save the cost of flights. But if you've not been, go, it is a lovely hotel and you will see a different Dublin while you're there...

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob P
Reviewed 30 November 2009

My fiancee and I stayed at the Clontarf Castle Hotel while on a long weekend in Dublin. Let me start off by saying that this hotel is really beautiful; the Castle looks royal, yet the rooms are modern and super comfortable. The hotel staff are extremly helpful and friendly. The hotel serves delicious breakfast (for 20 euros per room). It takes approximately 20 minutes to get to the hotel from the airport and the taxi fare is approximately 25 euros. Dublin city center is also about 20 minutes away by bus/taxi. Bus #130 stops right next to the hotel and takes you to Dublin for 1.80 euros (which is quick and inexpensice), whereas a taxi ride to Dublin center will cost you approximately 13-15 euros. For females: if you have long hair - you may want to take more shampoo with you. Also, they have a hair dryer, but it's located in one of the dressing drawers in the room - NOT THE BATHROOM (and you cannot move around with it) . Overall, we loved this hotel and would definitely stay here again!

1  Thank Sasha137
TCahalane, Internet Marketing Executive at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2009

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you would recommend our hotel to a friend.

We look forward to your return to the castle and should you have any queries in the future or wish to revisit, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Triona Cahalane

Reviewed 30 November 2009

The old building combined with good service, nice rooms and good irish breakfast.

Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
TCahalane, Internet Marketing Executive at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2009

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of Clontarf Castle Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you would recommend our Hotel to a friend.

Kind Regards,

Trona Cahalane

Reviewed 27 November 2009

I'm currently sitting at the Burlington Hotel, sister property of the beautiful Clontarf Castle Hotel because when I tried to check in today they told me that my booking site had messed up my reservation and because they had needed to book a Christmas party instead, they'd been trying for days to reach me (funny, no email or voicemail from them to speak of) to let me know they needed to modify my reservation. But I wasn't to worry because they'd moved me to the Dublin city center to stay at the "gorgeous Burlington in an upgraded room." So here I sit, completely appalled at (1) their complete disregard for the fact that I'd already paid them - months ago - for a room at what is actually a beautiful hotel and (2) how utterly crappy the Burlington Hotel is and what a laughable excuse for an upgraded room we were moved to. Small hard bed, loud room right off the elevator and sad 80s style hotel furniture with water marks all over it. After having stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels in Ireland during this trip (including other castle properties in Ireland, which Clontarf wants to count itself amongst), never in a million years would I have booked the Burlington Hotel and now because of the bad management and ridiculous lies of management at Clontarf Castle Hotel I'm stuck here because there are no other fine properties available in Dublin for check in tonight. DON'T EVER BOOK CLONTARF CASTLE HOTEL - or, if you do, don't say you haven't been warned. Complete and utter rubbish.

2  Thank casacaudill
TCahalane, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2009

Dear guest,

Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to again apologise for any disappointment felt in your dealings with us at Clontarf Castle. I very much appreciate the feedback that you given as it affords me the opportunity to resolve the issues raised.

I can assure you that this is not the usual standard that we achieve here at Clontarf Castle. I have personally investigated the issue and unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control the hotel became overbooked on Friday night which resulted in you being transferred to the Burlington Hotel.

I would ask that you contact me directly at your own convenience so we can discuss the matter further.

Yours Sincerely,
Mark Long

Reviewed 23 November 2009

My husband & i just got back from Clontarf Castle where had a wonderfull weekend the staff where very helpfull with fast & efficient check in, the room was very clean, warm & every thing we needed for a weekend break was available for us.The evening meal in the Indigo Bar of Irish Stew & Curry was hot & plentifull with AGAIN efficient staff & service, Breakfast was plentifull & service AGAIN great, Taxis where available within a few minutes of a phone call, The hotel looked amazing decorated all Christmasy & lite up which made it very welcoming Location was also good & we had an enjoyable eveing in the Sheds Lounge on our 1st night down in Clontarf followed by a great evening down Temple Bar with irish dancing & music . Would definatley reccommend this hotel

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
TCahalane, Internet Marketing Executive at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2009

Dear Guest,

Appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review of Clontarf Castle Hotel.

I am extremely pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you would recommend to a friend.

We pride ourselves on the service that we can provide to our guests and I am pleased that we were able to meet your expectations

Regards,