4,838 results
All reviews knights bar fahrenheit grill indigo lounge real castle four poster bed modern amenities city centre amazing hotel bus stop dublin airport ireland vijay wedding armour concierge howth euro
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Where to begin...., Quality, simply quality. Outstanding hotel, perfect blend of old and new. We had a short three day honeymoon here, sadly Christmas drew our stay short, wanted to and could have stayed longer. Friendly, attentive staff, who took time to make your stay pleasurable. Michael Byrne, hotel concierge, Dympna, head waitress in the Knights Bar and Yolanda from the Fareinheit restaurant, who not only remembered room numbers, but names also. All made our stay a very personal experience, many thanks to them. Our room was comfortable, and functional, and for the time of year, noise was not an issue. We are most certainly returning to the Castle next year (2013) and aim to take close friends with us, to enjoy the delights of Clontarf castle.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your honeymoon with us, congratulations to the both of you. It's fantastic that your stay was so special and that you had such an enjoyable stay. I'm glad to read that you were treated so well by the staff here at the castle and i'll be sure to pass your comments on to Michael, Dympna and Yolanda. Thanks again for your feedback, we really appreciate it. We would love to welcome you and your friends back to the castle again in the future.

Reviewed 30 December 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Clontarf Castle Hotel in Dublin recently. The beds where great and the venue was so pleasant.
I found the staff so helpful and the concierge Michael to be very informitave re what was on in town to see he was also very entertaining. a pleasure to chat with. The front of house receptionist I think his name was luke was so helpful and I really appreciated his speedy delivery of my requests he definately went above and beond the call.
It was so festive at the Christmas time of year

thank you all for a most enjoyable stay

Room Tip: there is a lovely mezanine on the second floor where you can sit and read close to your room and still over look the hotel and a lovely japanese atrium garden.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for your reveiw. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the castle. It really is lovely at Christmas and all our guests seem to enjoy the festive atmosphere here. I'm glad to hear you were treated so well by the staff and i'll be sure to pass your comments on to Michael and Luke. Thanks again for your feedback, we really appreciate it.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Would highly recommend this hotel. Outstanding staff, great restaurant, exceptional breakfast. Easy access to city center. We got a great midweek package for E199. This hotel was a highlight of our Ireland trip. There was an outstanding mix of older medieval looks with the castle and outstanding amenities as well. Would point any friends this direction.

Room Tip: Consider avoiding rooms close to staircase. Noise does carry.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stevans_11

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I'm absoultely delighted that your stay at the castle was the highlight of your trip. It's great to read that you liked the food and the staff in the castle as these are some of the areas we really strive to excell in. Thanks again for your feedback, we really appreciate it and we would love to welcome you back in the future if you ever return to Dublin.

Reviewed 25 December 2012

Wow! This is what I call impressive.I real life castle to sleep in! They have actually blended old with new perfectly here. Modern rooms/bathrooms mixed with beautiful old stone walls and staircases to admire here there and everywhere in public areas. Lovely staff who gave a warm Irish welcome and who always had time for a little chat to see how your day had been. The breakfast was delicious and the Guinness even better! Nice quiet location but not far from the city center which was easy to get to by bus or taxi. A real experience and certainly a place I would love to stay at again. I just wish I´d taken more pictures.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I'm delighted with all your compliments, it's great to read that you had such an enjoyable stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the food here and found the staff to be so friendly. These are areas that are often very popular with our guests. Our location is also great, as you said it's in a quiet location with easy access to the city centre, so we feel we have the best of both worlds. Thanks again for your feedback and we would be delighted to welcome you back to the castle again in the future.

Reviewed 25 December 2012

Brought my dad over from south africa, the decor in the hotel is straight out of A Night's Tale, suits of armor, a dungeon, grand piano in the foyer, beautiful modern funky tapestries on the walls.

It has the setting and elegance to be very elite, but you are made to feel right at home. Exceptional staff. The Knights Bar dinner menu is off the charts yummy, and Michael as concierge with his friendly chatty approach steals the show :) highly recommended

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I'm delighted with all your comments and I hope you and your father thoroughly enjoyed your stay. It's great to hear you loved the castle itself and enjoyed the food. It's also brilliant that the staff treated you so well. I'll be sure to pass on your comments to Michael here in our Concierge department. Thanks again for your feedback, we would love to welcome you back in the future.