4,727 results
All reviewsknights barfahrenheit grillindigo loungereal castlefour poster bedmodern amenitiescity centreamazing hotelbus stopdublin airportirelandvijayweddingarmourconciergehowtheuro
Reviewed 5 October 2011

We stayed here for one night on 2nd October. When we arrived we were informed by a lady on reception that they didnt have a record of our booking which we had made on the hotel website the night before. She explained that same was due to reservations staff not working on the Saturday due to the wedding fair on the sunday so we were requested to wait while she procedssed our booking. There was no apology or an offer of a drink in the bar. The experience at reception was pretty unpleasant and this was due to the receptionists manner. While she was not rude just a tad abrupt , she was not any way friendly nor did she smile, apologise or advise us to enjoy our stay. I got a bad vibe and considered leaving there and then. I myself am front of house in a business and as im the first person people meet and speak to its important to represent the business in a good light. Im easy going myself and an apology and a friendly manner would have went a long way.
The rest was our stay was excellent. The food in the restaurant was excellent and all the staff here were most hepful. This hotel is of 4star standard and I know I shouldnt hold the manner of one member of staff against the hotel but a bad beginning isnt a good way to start what was a romantic weekend away.
Breakfast was only very good with a good choice. Provided reception manner is improved id recommend this hotel

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NickyCoyne
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We only wish that we could say better. Came in at a very busy time?, had to wait to check in but we were excited to spend the end of our trip at a castle. We got up to the room finally after waiting over 10 minutes for the lift. We still were not unhappy though until that night. Two hours after we went to sleep the fire alarm went off and we were wakened up in a panic. Finding out it was a false alarm we tried to go back to sleep and than the lights in the bathroom went completely out. We were too tired to call to correct and crashed back to sleep.

Than during the check out the next morning they charged our card twice, this was corrected but come on really.

Too much money for the experience we had.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the review. I was disappointed to hear that you had an unsatisfactory stay with us. Please be assured that this is by no means a normal occurrence. At Clontarf Castle Hotel we pride ourselves on the ability to deliver a quality product as well as a high standard of customer service and I apologise that we fell short during your stay with us. I hope you had a great trip to Dublin and should you return, I hope you would consider staying with us again so that we have the opportunity to show you the real Clontarf Castle.

Reviewed 30 September 2011

It was lovely to find a hotel so close to Dublin with a such charm and character. The bed was amazingly comfortable and the room was clean and had all we needed. The staff were all very friendly and quickly sorted out a minor niggle for us. We would certainly stay here again.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the kind review. I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay, it was delightful to hear how comfortable you found your room to be and that our staff were able to help you settle in. I hope you had a great trip to Dublin and I would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit.

Reviewed 29 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel on our last night in Dublin. The remains of the old castle were blended into the hotel beautifully. The room we had was very nice and we backed onto green space so we could leave our windows open overnight for fresh air. Public transport to downtown was by bus and less convenient than the DART. Cab ride to downtown was about 10 euros and about 20 to the airport.

We ate at the restaurant. It was good but not great. Not sure I would eat there as a destination but after a long day bout it was nice to have a good meal in the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the kind review. I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the décor of the hotel and your room. As you mention, a taxi to the city is about 10 euros and will take about 10-15 minutes, however the 130 bus leaves frequently form just outside the hotel and will get you there in the same amount of time. I hope you had a delightful stay in Dublin and I would be delighted to welcome you back again sometime in the near future.
Your sincerely,

Reviewed 27 September 2011

We stayed for three nights and had a lovely stay. Even though we were only there for a short time we got to know some of the staff. Eric was great a real character and Dynmpa in the bar was lovely "nothing was a problem". The beds were super comfy, we had a lovely stay no problems.

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the kind review. I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had the chance to get to know some of our wonderful staff here at the hotel. I’m also pleased to hear how comfortable you found your bed to be which is something on which we are quite often complimented. I hope your visit to Dublin was thoroughly enjoyable and I would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit.