4,726 results
All reviewsknights barfahrenheit grillindigo loungereal castlefour poster bedmodern amenitiescity centreamazing hotelbus stopdublin airportirelandvijayweddingarmourconciergehowtheuro
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Just spent 2 wonderful nights here and had a great time! probably the most comfortable bed ive ever slept in,the bar was great craic and the people working there went out of their way to please us! definitely going back!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I’m so glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay from the comfort of your room to the atmosphere in Knight’s Bar. I’m sure the staff here will be thrilled to hear your kind feedback regarding the service they could provide during your stay. I do hope to see you here again sometime in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 10 September 2011

the service was excellent.the staff could not do enough for u. the room was very good.the bed was so good that u did not want to get out of bed in the morning, not good when u are at a conference.they only disappointment was that there were no grounds to wall around.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the kind review. I was pleased to hear how impressed you were with the service of our staff and the comfort of your room. I am so glad you enjoyed you stay with us and I hope your conference was a great success. I would be delighted to welcome you back to Clontarf Castle Hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 September 2011

I got to feel like a princess for my last night in Ireland. We mostly stayed in cheaper budget hotels and b&bs, but we got a great deal here and decided to splurge. I desperately wanted to stay in a castle while in Ireland, and I wasn't disappointed in this one. It's a lovely spot. The lobby and bar and everything are very atmospheric - suits of armor, fireplaces, etc. The room was small, but cozy. We took the bus into the center of Dublin quite easily and it was only a short ride. We even at dinner in the restaurant - which was the only part that was a tad disappointing. It was pretty expensive and the food and service were just ok. We enjoyed less expensive meals we had elsewhere much more. I wish we'd tried the bar food instead. But overall, a lovely place stay. And considering the location and comfort, a great deal.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kat4a
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Rooms are very nice, and clean, very spacious.
The pub in the hotel was very friendly,
The staff was wonderful...Eric is the BEST

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cindy r
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for the kind words. I’m delighted you had such a nice stay with were impressed with your room and the service our staff could provide. Please be assured that I would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Dublin.

Reviewed 6 September 2011

We stayed at the Clontarf Castle for one Saturday night at the end of August, when in Dublin to see the Ireland -v- England rugby match at the Aviva Stadium. We chose Clontarf Castle as we basically couldn't be bothered contending with Dublin traffic and you get much better value for money outside the city centre. We were very happy with our choice. Its easy enough to find, in a nice suburb, and once you arrive the exterior and foyer are impressive. The hotel is very clean and fresh, public areas are a clever combination of new and old, and the rooms are a decent size with a high spec. finish and big comfy beds. The hotel organised a taxi to take us to Landsdowne Road, taxi ride took about 15 minutes and cost about 15 euro. We had intended to spend a few hours in the city centre after the match but it was rotten weather so instead we headed back to the hotel and spent the evening there. Knights Bar is a comfortable place to while away a few hours and we saw the food being served and it looked like very good pub grub. The bar was extremely busy as the Indigo Lounge was being used for a wedding reception, and service did suffer a bit as a result - we had to repeat our orders for drinks a couple of times, and I noticed one of the waitresses getting a bit of a ticking off (nothing to do with us) by presumably her manager. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant, booked at reception on our return to the hotel post match. The restaurant was also busy, and there seemed to be a good mix of residents and locals. The menu was interesting and the quality and presentation of food very good. Again though service was a bit hit and miss, ditto at breakfast. Perhaps the hotel should invest a little more in training, I'm sure this would pay dividends as all the employees we encountered were very pleasant which is a great starting point. Breakfast choices and quality were good. Overall the whole experience was very positive. Other reviews have commented on the hotel's location, and you do need to be aware that this is a suburban hotel, you have no real sense of being in Dublin - but it is only a short taxi/bus ride away! If you have time the coastal path close to the hotel is a good place for a bracing walk or run, and you are a short drive from Howth, which is a charming seaside town worth a visit.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the kind review. I’m delighted to see that you were impressed with the overall architecture and décor of the hotel and that you were extremely happy with your room. I’m also glad that you got the chance to experience and enjoy Knight’s Bar and our restaurant Fahrenheit Grill. As you mention, we are located in a quiet suburb just outside the city, however a taxi will get you there in about 10 minutes or alternatively, the 130 bus which leaves from just outside the hotel can get you there in about 15 minutes. I hope that you thoroughly enjoyed your trip to Dublin and I would be delighted to welcome you back to Clontarf Castle Hotel upon your next visit.