“Wonderful visit”

Ranked #18 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful visit”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Four Seasons during a visit to Dublin. I could not have had a better experience. The staff was exceptionally courteous and helpful, especially the concierge! The food was delicious and the room was very comfortable. They even left a note in our room to alert us that the time was changing to Daylight Savings.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear Julie2115,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin

I am happy to note that you and your daughter enjoyed your time with us. I sincerely appreciate your kind words and I will be sure to share your comments with our team, Concierge in particular, as there is no better motivator than the praise of a "job well done".

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Jose A. Soriano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed here after seeing the reviews and found it as good as I read. They staff go extra mile in every aspects. I checked in early. I was given the directions to go to the city patiently.

The rooms had the contemporary style decor with great comfort. Couldn't have asked for me.

Two buses 4,7 go to the city from the hotel. It takes about 20 mins to reach the city centre.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KBadri
Dear Kbadri,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

I am delighted to read that our staff went the extra mile to ensure you had a memorable stay with us.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Long Beach, California
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Everything was wonderful - the room, the service, the amenities. Jacuzzi and steam room were a definite highlight. Rooms are very spacious!

The location was a little bit of a hassle though. They offer a free limo service Tuesday - Saturday into City Center but coming back to the hotel is a $15 cab ride. You can take the DART but it runs rather infrequently.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank jozzy3000
Dear jozzy3000,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to note that you had a wonderful stay and were very happy with your room, service received and the facilities offered.

It is disappointing that you found the location a hassle. Along with the hotel car that we offer and with the DART service there is also a Dublin Bus route that goes into the city centre from just outside of the hotel. I do apologise if you were unaware of this service. Perhaps if we do get the chance to welcome you back we can let you know of all of the options available to you for visiting Dublin City.

Once again, thank you and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 21 March 2012

In a nutshell, we were very pleased with this hotel. I have been to Dublin several times and this is my favorite place to stay. What stood out the most is most definitely the staff. They were always smiling, friendly, and helpful, and they seemed enthusiastic about striking up a chat. The amenities were also very much appreciated. There is a spa as well as room service and all the other usual hotel services. The room and bed were very comfortable and relaxing. We also enjoyed the location, being offset from the city center, because it was away from all the noise and congestion. There are a few neat pubs up the road worth walking to if its the sort of thing you are into.

My only complaint is that the style of the rooms and hotel is a tad dated. Of course, Four Seasons are never going to be that boutique-y modern chic, but I do wish they would make some updates. This is hardly something to complain about, as the rooms were spotless and clean. It is nice to know that you get what you pay for with this 5-star hotel, since I have stayed in others (different chains) and it has not been the case.

I would definitely recommend this hotel! We will be planning to stay here for our future trips to Dublin.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MikeandAshley529
Dear MikeandAshley529,

I am very pleased that we managed to create a special memory of Four Seasons Hotel Dublin for you. We are very proud of all of our employees. They continuously work hard to ensure that all of our guests receive a memorable experience. I will share your words of appreciation with our team.

In relation to your comment regarding the style of our rooms I am happy to share with you that this year we will be upgrading our bedrooms with state of the art televisions and furniture.

Once again, many thanks for taking the time to share your opinion with us. We hope to welcome you back to Dublin in the near future.

Dublin
Reviewed 20 March 2012

It's always nice to be invited to lunch, especially if its to celebrate a family member's promotion. So as a treat we headed to "Seasons" restaurant at the Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

We had booked ahead earlier that Saturday morning, which was a pleasant surprise, then again there was a major rugby match at the nearby Aviva stadium where Ireland were playing, no doubt where the focus of the nation was for the afternoon.

Upon arrival at the restaurant reception, I was immediately greeted by the hostess by my name, in addition the restaurant manager was also passing by and did the same. Very Impressive as I am definitely not famous! and don't know them.

Our coats were checked and we were escorted to our table. What I noticed about the service from start to finish was how unhurried and completely flawless its execution was from every single staff member. Restaurants such as this charge top dollar, therefore it is only right, that clientele are able to relax and enjoy a meal in comfortable surroundings with excellent service.

Now to the meal itself - Having selected a nice wine for the main, we first had a Kir Royale as a little celebration. A selection of freshly prepared hot breads were presented as we perused the menu and iced water was poured by our server.

For the starter, each of us were all drawn to the prawn cocktail, some may say an archaic starter but I cannot recall the last time I had one, so was curious as to how this would be presented here. We were not disappointed - I counted circa twelve king prawns and boston shrimp in mine, cooked perfectly along with a generous crisp salad and all important citrus marie rose.

For main I ordered the 10oz Irish Rib-Eye - comprising of a home spice rub, black truffle mac and cheese. I was disappointed in the steak which was quite tough, however I persevered but didnt touch the mac & cheese which was presented in a little pot. This is the second disappointment for me regarding Rib Eye steak in Dublin, I think Fillet next time. Afterall our Nation is renowned for the qualify of our beef, what is going on ! The side orders we all shared - truffle fries, mixed green vegetables, roasted mushrooms and garlic were sublime and made up for the medicore steak.

The two ladies for main had: 8oz Irish Beef Fillet - Chorizo Baked Potato, Butter Injection and the Salmon - Soy Lime Vinaigrette, Avocado, Seeds - which thankfully were excellent, tasty, well presented and sizable portions.

As i mentioned at the start of my review, the service was impeccable, unobtrusive, friendly, natural. The impression I was left with, was that these people enjoyed their jobs, were very well trained and wanted to be there. The manager briefly stopped by to ask how we were enjoying our meal and general pleasantry, she also mentioned that she was going to telephone us, to enquire if we wanted a taxi to collect us in case traffic was a problem due to the match. That is service that stays in one's memory!!

As we relaxed after our main course we ordered a coupe of Bellinis prior to dessert, at €20 each a little on the expensive side once we reviewed the bill, i started to wonder if the barman had imported the peach puree or Prosecco by private jet !

Dessert comprised of Spiced Pear Crumble - Custard, Vanilla Ice Cream and two of us opted for the selection of Ice Cream & Sorbets, presented to us by the wonderful and delightful "Apple" one of four servers who tended to our needs for the afternoon.

Overall apart from my disappiointment with my main, the other guests thoroughly enjoyed their meals from start to finish and we all agreed that the good manners, excellent but not overly formal service not just at our table but noticably the other diners with children was second to none.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family