“Best hotel in the best location of Dublin”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #7 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Istanbul, Turkey
“Best hotel in the best location of Dublin”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I definitely recommend this hotel. Do not even spend time for looking any other hotel if you want to be in the very center of Dublin. Best location in town. Noiseless, big and nice rooms, good and polite staff. One of the best hotel I have ever seen. The hotel merit every penny spend. Every attraction is very close to the hotel. Many restaurants, shopping centers, supermarkets and of course very lovely Grafton Street are only a meters away.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MypatBobo
WestburyManager, Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 11 February 2012
Dear MypatBobo,

Thank you for your recent review of the Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to learn of your satisfaction during your recent stay with us and thank you for your very kind comments relating to our friendly staff and room presentation. I am encouraged to learn also that our city center location was ideal for your visit to Dublin and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Regards,

Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Ireland
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I'm Irish and have walked by the Westbury for years, whenever I strolled down Grafton street, but recently I stayed there for a night and was so so impressed. Firstly you can't beat the location. Once you park your car (there is Valet parking if you want it), Dublin is literally on your doorstep.
Secondly the hotel itself is luxurious without being pretentious. The rooms are a good size (we stayed in a king size deluxe) and surprisely quiet considering the location (we were on 5th floor).
Breakfast was really good with a wide choice between continental and cooked options.There are many deals now, including on the Westbury website, with breakfast included, which I think is a great option in this case.
We really had no complaints, to the extent we've booked it again for a trip in February!!!

Room Tip: I would like for as high a floor as possible, since they do have a function room on the reception le...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sibh22
Dear Sibh22,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to learn of your very positive experience and that we succeeded in exceeding your expectations on every aspect. Thank you also for your comments relating to our Breakfast - I have passed these to our Head Chef and his team who are always on hand to provide an exceptional culinary experience to all our guests.

Sibh22, we are looking forward to your return visit this month and have noted your request for a high floor. Please contact me personally on aidan_dempsey@doylecollection.com should you require any further assistance for your upcoming stay.

Regards

Loughton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2012

We stayed here for a weekend trip. The hotel could not have been any better and after the wonderful service we received I would not think of staying any where else in Dublin.

The staff definitely went above and beyond, the service here is definitely 5 star !! I especially enjoyed the cocktails in the marble bar and the nespresso machine in the room was a great advantage.

The location is perfect right in the middle of Grafton street.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank AmyFW
Dear AmyFW,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations on every aspect of your stay, especially in the Marble Bar, where the team are always on hand to mix the very best cocktails on Grafton Street!

AmyFW, we are looking forward to welcoming you once again to the Westbury Hotel.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I have stayed numerous times at the Westbury over the past couple of years and I have to say that everything about this place is wonderful.

The staff are highly attentive and professional yet with a friendly attitude to everything. The food is wonderful, I highly recommend their breakfast buffet.

Location wise, this is in my opinion the most centrally located hotel in Dublin if you are looking for shopping and nightlife.

Price-wise it is the upper range but if you are looking for luxury with great service I can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Irishbeachrunner
Dear Irishpauric,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to hear that on each occasion we have exceeded your expectations and thank you for your very kind comments about our friendly team. Thank you also for your feedback on the food served, I know our Head Chef will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of it.

Irishpauric, thank you once again for your kind words and we are looking forward to welcoming you once again to the Westbury Hotel.

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Hi,

I stayed here for my friends 40th birthday about 12 of us came over from england, there wasnt a thing I could fault!!
The hotel bar was really nice and had a great apmostphere, you are a 5 min walk from the main hustle and an bustle of the shops and the night life but also tucked away at the same time. You can sit in the reception area and watch the world go by whilst drinking tea and coffee or having the fabulous afternoon tea!
The staff were great and we had to have someone open my friends room both days as she is such a heavy sleeper! They found it really funny!!

We will be back!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Christine m
Dear Christine M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback of your recent stay on Tripadvisor.

It truly is great to hear that all 12 of you had a wonderful stay at the Westbury Hotel and thank you for your very nice comments relating to the Afternoon Tea on the Gallery. It truly is an area that you can lounge around and watch the world go by; with so many people coming through the doors you never know who you might meet!

We are looking forward to your next visit and have the Concierge team on hand to wake your friend up from her deep slumber!