All reviewslower leeson streetwould stay againcentral locationstayed one nightcomfy beddublin airportaircoachcheckin
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Ok this is a difficult review to write. The building is in desperate need of some TLC..hence the three stars.
However the staff were amazing, very friendly polite and helpful.
The location was excellent for the part of town we needed to visit, Stephen's green area.
The breakfast was given to us complimentary, but would have been worth the €5, lots to choose from and good quality.
Lots of stairs and no lift, this is an old Georgian townhouse. This was fine for us,7 flights to our room on the top floor, but may be an issue for some.
For the staff I'd love to give this place 5 stars, but the rooms and furniture really do let the place down. The rooms although very dated, were clean.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

I booked the Leeson Inn as an overnight stay for a family wedding. I emailed in advance to see if we could get in early to our room to get showered etc... this was easily accommodated and greatly appreciated. The room was a small double on the third floor. It was clean and basic and Bed was very comfortable. Slept really well. Breakfast was included in our booking and it was a normal continental breakfast with porridge, pancakes, croissant etc... not anything to fault either. The staff were so helpful throughout our stay. I would def recommend staying here and I would come back again also.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Room was grim. Smelly brown carpet. Dirty shelves and lampshades . We were offered 2 other rooms on the same floor and decided to leave. Could not justify paying anything for this room. Disgusting. Only good point was the staff. The cleaner was very apologetic. The receptionist did not seem surprised we asked to leave. Full refund given. Please do not waste your money staying here. The internet pictures are so misleading.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mic2059
Reviewed 10 August 2017

This was the cheapest hotel that I could find for the dates that I was in Dublin. I don't have any complaints regarding the interior of the room: it was clean. The bathroom was older, but functional, and the sink had separate faucets for hot and cold water. The room doesn't have a refrigerator. My room was on the top floor; this building does not have an elevator. The hotel does not have air conditioners in the rooms. I wanted to sleep with the window open, but I had to close it because of the noise from outside. This hotel is close to the Sugar Club, and I could hear its loud music in my room until it closed at 3am. The breakfast was a standard continental: they have breads, cereal, pancakes, oatmeal, juices, and tea/coffee. I would have liked for them to have fruits, but they don't provide them. The front door is locked after business hours or when no staff is in the lobby. I came back one night at 11:45pm, and after I rang the bell to come in, I had to wait about 5 minutes for someone to open the door. On the plus side, the staff are friendly.

Room Tip: Don't get a room that faces north-west, it is very loud at night from a nearby club.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2017

We were allocated room 305 at the back of the hotel and were subject to loud music on Friday and Saturday night from a neighbouring outdoor club called The House. The music lasted from 11.30 to 3 a.m. My wife and I were unable to sleep. The sash window in room 305 wouldn’t properly close. Even if it had, the music would still have been very audible. The hotel was fully booked for the weekend. We were only moved to a quieter room at the side of the hotel (room 109) on the Sunday night. I asked the receptionist for a refund for our two nights without sleep. We were told, “The Leeson hadn’t yet received any money and we would need to seek compensation from ebookers.” Despite the doubts we expressed about this, we felt we were left with no option but to take this at face value. Having subsequently read online reviews for Leeson Downtown, we find other people had similar experiences. When asked what ebookers would do to compensate us for a hotel experience which virtually ruined our weekend...

We received the offer of a £25 ebooker voucher... Bad, bad people painting Dublin in a bad light.

Room Tip: Room Zero Zero, ebookers itinerary Number: 7232894245740, Room 305 has room for a double bed and little else.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends