See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 January 2016

The worst place i have slept in, I have never been to a place where i fear for my health.
The cleaning lady used my towel and cleaned the toilet with it and left it dirty. I reported that to the staff and they said - maybe she mistook it for our towel? It was bright purple,
All the other staff towels are white. Anyway I just wonder who cleans the toilet with a hotel towel? that's really unhygienic.
The point is that my towel was inside my suitcase. It's just plain crazy to take my belongings and clean the inside of a toilet with it.

I shared a 4 bed dorm in the cellar with my friends. I have to say that it was the most disgusting place by far, i don't understand how this place is still running. Why isn't any health inspection looking into this? We had trouble breathing the first night already because it was so damp. You can get sick here and get asthma and i am not joking. I seriously thought it was raining outside until i noticed it was wet only inside the room and bright sunshine outside.
Not worth the price, not even if it was for free because as i said, I have never seen a house more moldy it was basically everywhere.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank gary J
Reviewed 26 June 2015

He went beyond expectations to help me arrange flights and was very pleasant. The breakfast was delicious, especially the Irish soda bread. The hotel was centrally located and they had lots of information and coupons at the desk.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank travelbug1232
Reviewed 5 May 2015

What an absolutely fantastic place. I studied abroad in Dublin and stayed here for a few weeks with nine other people. We were given a "penthouse-esque" apartment-style room, complete with a living room, rooftop balcony, kitchen, bathroom, nine beds (very comfortable) and an extra room with an extra bed. Our "apartment" was cleaned daily and was perfect for our living arrangements. The other guest rooms I saw were spacious, clean, and well decorated.

The Globetrotters Hostel spans a few buildings. The decor inside is warm and cozy with Irish flair. Fireplaces are scattered throughout the lobby and lounge areas, and there are so many seating areas along with a spacious outdoor courtyard. There are four computers available to use if you don't have your own and the building also has wi-fi.

Traditional Irish breakfasts are served every morning for the guests. The food is delicious! After breakfast, the kitchen is free for guests to use for their own cooking (although eating at the pubs in Dublin was what we did most nights).

The location of Globetrotters is prime. It's on the north side of the Liffey, which is where most other lodging accomodations are located, as well as great shopping areas and the "calmer" part of Dublin. Its location is just a short walk from the south side of the Liffey (where the big pubs are) as well as more shopping, Trinity College, parks, etc.

The service is impeccable at Globetrotters. We became very close with one of the managers, Dave, who we all still keep in contact with months (now years) later. All of the staff is extremely friendly; they have connections with many of the tour companies that travel throughout the country and can easily schedule tours and activities on your behalf. Absolutely fantastic people.

Globetrotters was a terrific place to live for a terrific experience in Dublin, Ireland!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2015 via mobile

For 89 EUR for a double in high season is cute and clean, a little bit kitsch but the desk person was very kind and helpful.

Good location and easy conection to the airport with the airlink. I think is not wheelchair accesible since you have to go to the first floor and then take the elevator.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DonCesar
Reviewed 20 March 2015 via mobile

Stayed with a large group for St Patrick's Day. The service of the staff at the reception & in the dining room for breakfast each morning was amazing!! Truly made up for everything else... The bathroom in our room was lacking - hole in the shower wall was actually covered up by a black bin bag & tape. The taps in the shower barely worked, meaning the temp control struggled.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends