3,959 results
All reviews cellar restaurant garden wing art collection art tea the main house patrick guilbaud government buildings drawing room public rooms beautiful hotel national gallery turn down service five star hotel steam room grafton street trinity college meriton
Reviewed 12 November 2018

We had a wonderful stay at this remarkable Hotel. The staff are so friendly and go above and beyond what I had expected. It was my wifes 50th Birthday and we received an upgrade to a mini suite which was exceptionally thoughtful. A complimentary glass of wine was a lovely touch as we waited to be checked in. The rooms as one would imagine are so perfectly turned out. The meal in the Garden restaurant was super. We'll definately return!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World
Merrion_Hotel_Dublin, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your recent stay and your visit to The Garden Room.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments; it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you return to Dublin.

Reviewed 12 November 2018

The location, venue, staff hospitality and general ambience and quality of this venue is really something special and a credit to all involved as this level of output does not happen by accident. Well done!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 12 November 2018

I stayed in Rm. 380 in the middle of September. I probably wouldn't be posting this review were it not for the commentary of the reviewer who had such a different experience than mine. First of all, for the leading hotel in a capital city in the EU, the Merrion is doggone inexpensive. Perhaps that is as should be, and in general, for an American, accustomed to prices in other EU capital cities, all of Dublin is quite inexpensive. But the room I had was enormous, exceptionally well equipped and was well priced for what it was. The so-called tea towels are those found in every deluxe hotel when the room is made up for the evening.
The doctor and I have dramatically different tastes. The entrance to the Merrion is elegant in the most tasteful way. And there are plenty of reception rooms of considerable elegance to be found adjacent to the entrance. I certainly had no trouble whatsoever with my breakfast orders-nor did anyone else.
As to finding one's way to the pool, I truly hope the doctor does a better job with patients. Honestly, the first time I went to the pool I called for some one to show me where it was. In about 60 seconds or less, someone came to escort me to the pool. After I was escorted once, it wasn't that much of a chore to find the pool the other days I used it. And what a beautiful pool with water at just the right temperature. An expected luxury in a big city hotel.
But the main reason I am writing is to thank everyone who was kind enough to make my stay memorable. I have stayed in deluxe big city hotels for much of my life. There are some that offer this level of style and comfort. But none who offer this level of attention to detail and service. I must especially commend the staff who set up my laptop and made sure I was able to work comfortably and the concierge who arranged my dining program. But everyone was so eager to please. Please accept my compliments on providing the best of the best for a big city hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review following your recent stay with us which I was delighted to read.

Thank you for your warm and positive feedback which I have shared with all the team here. It is extremely heartening to read your words of praise for my colleagues as each and every one of them strive to provide a memorable experience for our guests.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Reviewed 12 November 2018

Superior experience. Excellent location near shopping and tourist destinations. Still feels quite and secluded even though located near the busiest areas of Dublin. There is a stop near the front of the hotel for the hop-on-hop-off bus which is very convenient. The staff made each one of our group feel special with the individual attention they provide.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your visit stay and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 November 2018

I have not been to Dublin for over 10 years and this was my first stay at The Merrion. Very understated from the outside, but beautifully opulent inside. Excellent front of house, complimentary chocolates and water in the room and a fantastic pool in the spa. Wished I had stayed for a second night.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Merrion_Hotel_Dublin, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2018

Dear Guest,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again soon.