“Great place to stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Downstairs living space
View from living area View to seating area and desk
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
View from living area
View to seating area and desk
Night-time at the Coastguard Station
Art work in dining area
Art work in dining area
Seating area by the fire
Dining area at night-time
The cottage at night-time
Beautiful antique bookcase
Discrete television and Bose radio and CD player
Kitchen and dining area
Kitchen with gas hob, dishwasher and Siemens combi oven and fridge freezer
Kictchen
Private back garden
Log store in garden
Cottage Exterior
Poolbeg Marina
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

517AMM
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

We had a fantastic week in this lovely cottage. If you're looking for somewhere away from the city centre but in easy reach of all the attractions of Dublin and the surrounding area then this is an ideal base. The owner couldn't have been more helpful.

petitefra...
Brussels, Belgium
“Please take care of this place!”
Reviewed 9 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Holiday rentals in a city are usually bland and rather boring, not his one. A lovely cottage, more like a gentleman's retreat awaits you, with a view of the busy harbour, but no noise from the big electric cranes will disturb your sleep. It is magic, not far at all from the city centre, you can walk to a bus stop or walk all the way. It is perfect if you don't want to spend all your money in the many delicious restaurants in Dublin, but cook a little cosy meal in the evening or have really lazy morning, watching the boats from the bedroom window while sipping a cup of tea. Billy's welcoming instructions got us here without any problem and we never felt so much at home in Dublin.
So please take care of this place when you stay here, as I would like to come back and enjoy it some more!

Blakdogz
Lexington, Kentucky
“Owner is great... or so they say”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013
person found this review helpful

Everyone says how helpful and friendly the owner was. Well, we can't say. After numerous phone calls to both the numbers he gave us, we have yet to hear from him. His friend, the taxi driver, left cards in the cottage, but the best we could do was leave messages for him. We were late arriving at the cottage and were met by a friendly neighbor who let us in. We drove to Dublin and all the directions were from the airport or in his friends taxi. After searching for more than an hour, we asked three cab drivers to take us there. The first two had no idea where it was, based on the directions we were given. The one that finally thought he might know drove all around the location until together we thought we saw a building that looked like the description.
Cottage is small, but beautifully furnished. Stairs are very narrow and there is a railing only half way up. Overall, nice for some... not nice for others

Liked best: Furnishings
Liked least: directions and inattention by the owner
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
16 Oct 2013
This is a baffling review. I sent several mails outlining the importance of sending me details of ETA. I spoke with the guests several times, firstly on the phone when they needed directions to the cottage. They were cut off and did not call back as they appeared to have problems with their phone and did not answer it, despite several attempts on my part. They did have two problems, they were not sure of their ETA in Dublin, but they give a rough estimate and i arranged for the housekeeper to welcome them. They did not arrive at the appointed time , 'sometime between six and eight'. The housekeeper duly waited and then arranged for a neighbour to give them the keys. I spoke with them on the phone the next day and, in the context that they had arrived later than expected, i told them that there were no conditions applied to their departure time. They could leave as late as suited them. The housekeeper informed me that the house was vacated a day later than agreed. Guests usually provide accurate times of arrival and, in the case of delay, there are four contact numbers which can facilitate a change in plans. Every effort was made to help these guests who appeared to experience difficulty when they arrived by car in Dublin and also some difficulty phoning me en route. It also seems that they availed of my hospitality by extending their stay and this surely must constitute sympathetic treatment of their requirements during their stay in Dublin.
JonoandEm
Vancouver
“Beautiful Spot to Stay”
Reviewed 25 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

We loved this place! It was beautifully decorated, well maintained, and had everything you might need (laundry etc). There was a grocery store and restaurants nearby (15 minutes walk), and it was a quick 45 minute walk to Trinity College (buses were also available, but we had nice weather). The landlord was very kind and organized our pickup and drop off from the airport with a very reliable taxi service. We definitely recommend this flat to anyone visiting Dublin.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The interior decor.
Liked least: Nothing, it was great.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Amy B
New York City, New York
“Terrible communication - could not enter property”
Reviewed 7 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013
people found this review helpful

Arranged with Billy to be picked up at Dublin Airport at 9:30 am to go to property. Night before, weather delayed my flight. As soon as I had new flight plans, I emailed Mr. Mundow of the change. (I did not call at this time as it was approx 1 am in Ireland). No response. At my layover in the morning, emailed and called. No response. Arrived in Dublin approx 1:30 pm. Called and emailed again. No response. Went through customs, called and emailed again. No response. Waited at airport for approx 1 more hour. Called and emailed again. No answer. Took a taxi on my own to property. No one there, locked. Emailed again. At this time, was approx 5 pm so I arranged for my own hotel that night. Mr. Mundow emailed later that evening asking when I would be arriving and to call him. I did. Guess what? No answer. Requested and was denied a refund for my stay. Horrible.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
29 Jul 2013
The guest indicated that she would be travelling to Dublin from New York on 26th June on flight KL6192, arriving at 9.30 am. A taxi driver waited for one hour to greet her and take her to the property. She did not arrive on the flight indicated. The housekeeper waited at the property for two hours. I received a mail later that night that the guest had travelled from Paris rather than New York. I did not receive any phone call or text message at any stage although i confirmed contact numbers on receipt of her mail and i urged her to call. All communication was by email. I offered to meet the guest at the property, however late, but she declined. I also offered her an extra night's stay at no extra cost which was also declined. A refund was refused as cancellation was unreasonably late and access remained possible during the day and the following three days.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing