“Enjoyable evening”
Review of The Rustic Stone

The Rustic Stone
Reserve with OpenTable
The Rustic Stone is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #315 of 2,909 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: USD 17 - USD 62
Cuisines: European, Healthy
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Description: "At Rustic Stone our philosophy is simple. We source the best seasonal ingredients, then we apply simple techniques to extract the most flavour, while giving you the information you need to add nutrition and structure to your diet. The produce I've chosen and our demand for freshness, is the cornerstone of our Rustic idea, while providing a healthy but affordable eating approach." Dylan McGrath
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

8 of us came came here to celebrate a birthday and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves even though we didn’t have the best table location and the yellow lighting a bit harsh. The staff and servers were very good, friendly, made recommendations and we felt the service was prompt and efficient. Everyone enjoyed the food and they were able to accommodate the range of dietary restrictions and all of us were well satiated. We in fact closed the place.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,942)

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has changed since I was last here with comfy dark leather upholstery and interesting wood panelling. I had the crab toast with polenta chips. My daughter had the chicken wings which were arimatic and tasty. A perfectly made Negro ni added to this experience.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Unexpected and delightful dishes. The restaurant is beautiful and the staff was very gracious, especially the host!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed 8 October 2018

I had a Taste.ie voucher for a 3 course meal fro two people with a bottle of wine and a glass of prosecco each. At the time purchasing the voucher I checked to see if there was a restriction on the menu, and there was no menu up on the taste website. I thought I was going to be able to choose the food I wanted to eat.
I informed the restaurant prior to booking that I had a voucher. Upon arrival and being seated they presented us with a menu which was the Early Flavour and Nutrition menu. I don't eat meat but I eat fish, however on the menu there were very limited choices of mains (there was one pasta dish for vegetarians and no fish dish). I asked our server if the tuna on a stone was available to order and they said that I could order it and pay the €10 supplement which was most kind.

I have eaten at the Rustic Stone many times and have always enjoyed their food, however this time the food was poor, there was a poor choice for the three courses as the menu was limited and the side dish of the peas was poisonously salty.

Offering pasta as the vegetarian option shows a limited imagination, when this restaurant prides itself on its imaginative dishes. Dessert was equally poor in its offering, the choice of either chocolate soup or wafer thin slices of pineapple with a couple of lychees halved to make it look like there was more.
After the meal I checked the Taste.ie and they now have a menu up in relation to their voucher, it is the Early flavour and nutrition menu, however it is not the same menu the restaurant offer you, there are fewer choices on their menu compared to the Taste.ie menu shown.
While the service was good, the food quality was poor and the selection was limited.
The venue was also very smokey as it seems to have no ventilation system to suck all the smoke from the items cooking on the stones.
I forwarded a review to the Taste.ie and to the Rustic Stone the following day after my visit and heard nothing from either of them.

1  Thank jennmac2018
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

We tried to have dinner at FX Buckley but it was booked, so we were recommended to go to the Rustic Stone. The restaurant is very cool, with multiple bars and floors. It’s also walking distance from the Temple Bar area.

First, the service was first rate. We were a large party and they accommodated us perfectly.

The food was delicious. I ordered the sirloin and others also ordered steaks. The restaurant uses a hot-stone method of table cooking, similar to the Japanese method. They bring the raw steak and the hot stone and one placea the meat on the stone allowing to cook. It was fabulous.

Two thumbs up for the Rustic Stone.