“Good Location, Good Value, Very Crowded, Semi-Clean” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Abrahams Hostel

Abrahams Hostel
Ranked #22 of 100 Speciality Lodging in Dublin
Washington, DC
“Good Location, Good Value, Very Crowded, Semi-Clean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

Myself and a girlfriend stayed here in September. We slept in an all-female room with over 12 beds (if I remember correctly). I think Abraham House is a typical hostel - it was crowded, loud, and people were in and out of the room all night. We shared a bathroom with all the other women in the room - so it was pretty dirt, but not disgusting.
It was a good value though - cheap, I felt very safe, no one stole anything from us, there were places for us to lock up our bags, it wasn't clean but it also wasn't gross. There were a lot of resources available at the hostel - tourist info, staff to help, etc.
Abraham House was also within walking distance of a lot of Dublin's sites, and a lot of Dublin night-life.
It was worth the money, and depending on the traveler, I would suggest it to friends.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank annilizzi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Tromso, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

The first thing I met when I arrived in Dublin was the Irish hospitality. I was sitting next to a lady in the airplane from Milan, before landing she turned to me and asked me my buisness in Dublin. I told her I was traveling alone, and was going to stay in a hostel. She kindly asked If I wanted a lift with her taxi as she was heading into town. I was dropped off right outside the hostel. So nice!

In the reception was a nice italian looking guy, helping me out with payment and a tip to where to grab some food. It was like 23:30 and I just wanted to eat before bed time. He was helpfull and friendly. The room was okay, It was a six bed girls only. I put on the linnen for the bed and settled in for the night, the other girls was out for the night so I put on my night mask and plugged my ears while spooning my purse. (Im a bit paranoid) just to be sure to sleep. It was no problem I slept well. The bathroom was a bit disappointing, I had room 41 in the orange section. The door had no lock, the floor looked like a old tennis court floor and the seiling above the shower had flaky paint and mold spots. I visited another room and it had nicer standards, so this room would do with a little fixer upper.
The breakfast was ok, but not very healty. fruits was canned withs syrup, cereal was chocolate and cornflakes. Juice was from sugary syrup and not from oranges, bread was white. But there was boiled eggs. All in all a ok place to stay, but I prefered to eat Irish breakfast out.

To get to town, there was just a little walk to the Spire, from there following the shopping streets to the Temple area. Easy peasy ;)

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Majasteta85
Coimbra, Portugal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2011

Well I guess its a normal hostel... Clean with a lot of rooms, u get breakfast (cereals and bread) Is very near the center and like 3m walk to the bus station... THe staff is good... i got in one room of 8 people with a private WC the only thing that i didn't like was that was no wall sockets in the bathroom... They have towels for one or two euros per day

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2010

Very friendly staff and ina great location as is most of the hostels in Dublin. One of the cheaper ones available even though the price is still quite astronomical, once again as is everything in Ireland. Kitchen area is more of a dungeon and gets very hectic during the free breakfasts int he morning. Rooms are large and farily clean, not much ventilation though so can get quite smelly.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2010

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Abrahams House Hostel. The atmosphere at the hotel was amazing with cultures from Sweden, Holland, Spain and Scarborough all mixing in great fashion. Apart from a few snooty Swedish girls all the people i encountered at the hotel were the kindest and most welcoming you could imagine. The hotel manager was a true gentleman who urged people to smoke on the premises.

The only downside was that there were too many moonlighters working the reception.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple