All reviewshard boiled eggstrinity collegegreat locationfree earplugstemple baryogurtprivate bathroomluggage roomfree breakfastcommon areas areclean roomsbreakfast is serveda stones throwbus stoptea and coffeecentral locationwould stay again
Reviewed 11 January 2018

Pros:
-GREAT breakfast: hard boiled eggs, variety of toast, jam, butter, milk, carton orange juice, plain greek vanilla yoghurt and strawberry yoghurt, 3 types of cereal, and instant coffee, cocoa or tea. Served until checkout at 10:30, which is awesome and unusual.
-Great staff. Everyone I met was smiling and helpful. Front desk agent even moved by reservation into a more private room because I said I was a quiet sleeper and the hostel wasn't that full.
-Paid about $14 in a 6 bed dorm with ensuite bath and each bed has a shelf and reading light.
-Great location on the south side.

Cons (and there are some)
-Worst bedding quality of any hostel I've been in. They provide you with sheets, and the mattress is okay, but the pillows and duvet are atrocious. They are made of the same material you would find in a hospital or a dentist chair, just sewn together and with filling thrown in between. The pillows are flat and limp, and the duvet barely covered the twin bed. If they replaced the bedding, I would have rated this much much higher.
-You can hear EVERYTHING outside your window. You will hear every footstep of someone walking past. People talking outside will sound like they are in your room. I almost joined a drunken conversation about feminism and politics from my bed last night through the closed window because I could hear every single word 8 drunken friends were saying at 12:30 am.
-Room was freezing. No insulaton from window and no heat meant I slept in full clothing with duvet completely covering me and was still a bit chilly.
-Small room (could be described as cozy) but if there were 6 people, you would have been immobile.

Overall mixed bag but good location, nice staff, fantastic breakfast all outweigh the negatives. However, if you really need a good night's sleep, maybe try elsewhere or ask for the quietest room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without a window, if they have any
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 January 2018

I visited Dublin for NYE so selected this accommodation because it was affordable (100€ per night) and in close proximity to Temple Bar where we would be spending the majority of our time. We had a private room with private bathroom located on the top floor. The room was on the cosy side but fine for two people. The bathroom was clean and tidy. Only downside was the window... it let in quite a draft and was not very soundproof, and as the hostel is located on the busy road the traffic was quite audible inside of the rooms. But for the price you pay and if you are looking for a boozy weekend as we were it does the job, We didn't make use of the free breakfast or any of the other facilities so cannot pass comment on these.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 December 2017

If you adjust your expectations to the amount of money that you pay to stay at this hostel it really is a fantastic place to spend your trip to Dublin. The rooms were basic but clean, we shared our room with two other people and the four of us had a shared bathroom which was also clean enough, the hostel wasn't noisy at night during our stay (which was in August and it was pretty full at the time) and the breakfast was simple but good (eggs,toast with butter and jam, or yogurt with cereal). The best part about this hostel is it's location though as it's really close to most of the main attractions and pubs.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 December 2017

I stayed in the biggest dorm: large room with bunkbeds and our own bathroom. Bed was ok, every bed has his own charger and nightlamp. Location is great, middle of the center. Breakfast included, big kitchen to cook your own meal. Would def stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

I ended up being the only girl in a 6 bed dorm with all guys. I became good friends with a guy from France and we ended up hanging out a lot of the time and exploring together. We also met some other Irish guys from Galway and we all went out drinking and had a really good time! The hostel was in a perfect location and the staff was really nice. Personal outlets on each bed and lockers underneath. A huge plus was the charger converters offered in the lobby vending machines and the in suite showers! Very close to the main bus stop to get anywhere, including the airport !

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo