4,221 results
All reviews saddle room lord mayor's lounge heritage room irish constitution beautiful hotel st stephens five star hotel main bar grafton street turn down service trinity college temple bar marriott ireland concierge doorman luxury
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

For a great experience and a chance to experience a part of Dublin history, you can do worse than stay at The Shelbourne. Part of the history of Dublin, the Shelbourne is situated centrally in Dublin next to Stephens Green, just off Grafton Street, Trinity College etc. Rooms and public areas are beautifully presented, with staff professional and attentive. Not the cheapest experience but well worth it.

For visitors to Dublin and looking for an alternative to an expensive taxi, the airport bus 757 stops very near the hotel @ EUR12.00 return, or representing better value is the purchase of a Leap Visitor Card - EUR9.00 for 24 hours or EUR 19 for 72 hours, covering unlimited travel on the LUAS, DART, local buses including 747 and 757 services between the airport and Dublin

• Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank phileasfoggtmc
Lucius F, Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear phileasfoggtmc,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Shelbourne Hotel.

We are lucky to enjoy a wonderful, rich story and I am delighted that you were able to sample some of this through staying at the hotel.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again at some stage in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a great stay at the Shelbourne. Room was lovely. Service outstanding. Breakfast options were delicious. Location couldn't be better, on St Stephen's Green. 5 minute walk from the Little Museum. On the DoDublin bus route. 757 bus from Dublin Airport drops you off almost at the door. Walking distance to Grafton Street shopping and Temple Bar.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank SeanO894

Dear SeanO894,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Shelbourne Hotel.

One of the things we pride ourselves on here at the hotel is our exemplary staff service so I am thrilled to read that your experience was reflective of this.

We are lucky to enjoy a wonderful, central location and I am pleased that you made the most of this during your trip.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Dublin.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent hotel oozing history and style. Stayed here for a week at the beginning of November 2018 with family and had 2 rooms. My room was upgraded which was good of the hotel. Rooms are very comfortable, however a bit on the small size but that is only my opinion and not a critisism as the rooms are very well appointed and extremely comfortable.
Breakfasts are expensive at €29 if you do not have them included in the room rate but are exceptional in quality and choice.
I would stay again.

3  Thank Dave L

Dear Dave L,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at The Shelbourne Hotel.

I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay overall and that you would consider returning to stay again in the future.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I always like renaissance chain of Marriott’s. But this property completely blew my mind off.

The location, the guest rooms, the service and the history of the property are all exceeding my expectations.

The convenient location makes it easy to explore Dublin on foot. The service makes our stay a memorable one. The staff cared for details and made absolutely sure all of our needs are met in a timely manner.

They only regret I had was that we couldn’t spend more time at the hotel to enjoy it more due to our tight schedule.

I’ll definitely come back next time we are in Dublin.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank yueta0z

Dear yueta0z,

I am delighted we could provide you with an enjoyable stay and that you enjoyed our wonderful, central location.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dublin!

Reviewed 8 November 2018

I have stayed here a good few times and love the Bars and Restaurants so much that I do visit quite a bit....I stayed here back in Jan'18 and had a beautiful room overlooking St Stephen's Green. Rooms are big and plush. I always recommend this hotel to friends visiting Dublin.

Room tip: Room with Park View
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank ODInvestments

Dear ODInvestments,

I am delighted we could provide you with an enjoyable stay and that you enjoyed our recently refurbished rooms overlooking the beautiful St. Stephen’s Green.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again at some time in the future.