“Lovely hotel,. great location to visit Dublin”
Review of The Gibson Hotel

The Gibson Hotel
Ranked #22 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 26 February 2012

This hotel is amazing, right in the middle of the docklands area (called the Point) which is currently being regenerated, so some of the surrounding areas are still scrub land, this hotel is right opposite the O2 , (2 mins walk literally). we stayed here to see Strictly Come Dancing Tour and were lucky enough to see plenty of the stars who were staying at the hotel. The hotel entrance is very minimalistic and check in is on the 3rd floor, stayed in a room on the 5th floor, the room was lovely well designed, lighting was lovely even with under bed lights ! - plenty of storage and iron, hairdryer, plenty of mirrors, and coffee making facilities. Had a lovely dinner in the hotel which was very very good, did not partake of breakfast (the breakfast in the hotel was 12 to18 euros - a little expensive. The Luas light railwayTram departs outside, and 5 stops you are in the middle of Dublin, takes about 10 minutes. we went into the city and had breakfast in a lovely cafe then did the bus tour of the city. All in all, I would definitely come back to this hotel again. Excellent base for visiting the city.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook a new office building (currently unoccupied) and some do have balconies, but ove...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. It is imperative that we receive as much feedback as possible in order to continually improve our service offering. If there is any other aspect of your that you would like to discuss in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

There are newer reviews for The Gibson Hotel

Reviewed 23 February 2012

We spent a couple of nights here and cannot fault the hotel. The LUAS tram makes it excellent for nights in town, and with a flexi-ticket means you can get around town easily throughout the day. Staff were friendly and helpful - literally nothing negative comes to mind. Car parking is close and convenient, and for 14 euros/24 hours, not cheap but secure and close. Also, close to the port and right next to the o2, couldn't really think of a better location for a hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karl1984

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Ive never reviewed a property so many times, but then I've never kept going back to one so much either. For me the Gibson have it all - great quiet spacious modern comfortable rooms, easy access via Luas and the port tunnel, and above all great service.

This time, I had a problem, in the same building a cinema is being build underneath the hotel and there was construction noise at 8:30PM which the hotel apologised for deeply and got stopped straight away. The duty manager came to my room personally. The following morning the construction started again at 7:30 and again they dealt with it immediately. When I checked out the GM wanted to meet me to apologise personally and they did a great service recovery for me and didn't charge for that night.

Net result - I am booked back at the Gibson in a months time when I am back in Dublin again and I can't say enough good things about the property or it's management and team. They put much more expensive hotels to shame.

Thank you Gibson and see you soon.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank DepDawg

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Stayed here on business for just one night - I really like the ambiance of the hotel, my standard room was big and very comfortable. Loved the bathroom design. Definitely one of the more luxurious hotels in Dublin. I also had problems with the wifi codes - they were fiddly to use and I couldn't get them to work on my mobile at all. I've been to events and dinners here before and the restaurant/bar areas have a nice atmosphere. I'd recommend as a nice option in Dublin.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 February 2012

This hotel is one of the best I've stayed in. The room is big and spacious, with the ensuite is very modern with the shower/wet room absolutely fantastic! The food is gorgeous - I would recommend the burger to any hungry lads - it is huge and very well presented. You might think that it is far from the city centre - but it is not. Its a very enjoyable walk to the city centre along the river Liffey and besides - the luas is directly outside the front door of the hotel. The buffet breakfast is one of the best I've had - with the freshly baked brown soda bread being a perfect way to start the day - it is fantastic. I would definately stay here again. Loved it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple