“Pub Grub Done Good”

the Clarendon Bar
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Description: Located on a small street, just a block or two off of one of Dublin's favorite walking and shopping districts. Good food, atmosphere & service.
Reviewed 5 January 2015

Imagine a cold, miserable Sunday evening after traipsing around Dublin in the sales. All my partner and I wanted was some good Irish pub grub. After walking around for a while being uninspired by the fancy restaurants around Grafton Street we came to the Clarendon Bar. The bar itself is a little quirky as it is very slim and built across a few levels.

For food we both went for the Turkey and Ham roast dinner. By George it was only divine. Maybe it was because I was cold and grumpy, but it did the trick. Kudos to the chef!!

1  Thank noelnoblett

Reviewed 31 December 2014

Stopped in for a light bite. Ordered a soup, salad and wings. All were well presented and tasty, and not expensive. Nice pint too. Would return.

Reviewed 19 October 2014

Had a lovely meal here, the other half had spotted the steak the previous day so he had to have one. The steak came with hand cut chips (not frozen) mushrooms, onions I decided on the burger which was hand made and blue cheese topping. We weren't disappointed at all. The service was spot on too.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I've eaten here maybe 4 times now. I like it because they always have a good soup with nice thick bread. Good when the kids are with us as well. It is a pub, so sometimes it's a bit louder, especially after work, but we've been there when it's quieter as well. Attentive service, good food, worth stopping by.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I went here last Friday for lunch. My friend and I both chose the two course specials. My friend chose the soup and the chicken fillet wrap, and I chose the chicken fillet wrap and the dessert (a crumble or pie). The soup came quite quickly and was nice apparently. The wrap was nice and the chips were also very nice. However we had finished our mains and tried to catch the attention of the staff to no success. We only had an hour for lunch, so after 20 minutes of waiting for dessert, we gave up and went to pay. When I told the member of staff that we didn't receive the dessert, she didn't say anything, even to apologise, and we still had to pay full price even though I didn't get one of the courses. Would not recommend this place at all, the service was non existant.