“Consistent & enjoyable”

the Clarendon Bar
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Description: Located on a small street, just a block or two off of one of Dublin's favorite walking and shopping districts. Good food, atmosphere & service.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I've eaten here maybe 4 times now. I like it because they always have a good soup with nice thick bread. Good when the kids are with us as well. It is a pub, so sometimes it's a bit louder, especially after work, but we've been there when it's quieter as well. Attentive service, good food, worth stopping by.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I went here last Friday for lunch. My friend and I both chose the two course specials. My friend chose the soup and the chicken fillet wrap, and I chose the chicken fillet wrap and the dessert (a crumble or pie). The soup came quite quickly and was nice apparently. The wrap was nice and the chips were also very nice. However we had finished our mains and tried to catch the attention of the staff to no success. We only had an hour for lunch, so after 20 minutes of waiting for dessert, we gave up and went to pay. When I told the member of staff that we didn't receive the dessert, she didn't say anything, even to apologise, and we still had to pay full price even though I didn't get one of the courses. Would not recommend this place at all, the service was non existant.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Went to the Clarendon Bar for my cousins 40th Birthday last night. have previously eaten in the bar but its been quite a while. We had the room at the top of the bar. it was nice to have the full area to ourselves but it wasn't huge. Maybe 40 -50 people to be comfortable. It was a great night and the staff were very good doing all to make sure the night went off without a hitch.

2  Thank Paul N
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Popped in the other night. I wanted a full dinner, the two other people I was with just wanted a snack. All the food was delicious and the wine was beautiful. Very good service. And price was really good considering location etc. Would definitely return.

1  Thank Ciara M
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

I went in the bar for watch the rugby match. .. lovely atmosphere and I had the best burger ever. .. the service was good and fast