All reviewsbeaumont hospitalclose to the airportdublin airportwelcoming stayminute bus rideairport stopscity centresingle roomfresh fruitrooms are cleancomfy bedboutique hotelirish breakfastlovely roomfull irishbreakfast roomstayed here for one night
Reviewed 4 September 2015 via mobile

This is one of the best b&bs I've stayed at. The room was clean, quiet, comfortable and felt safe. Moira was very accommodating. The bus drops you off right across the street. It's just one bus to the airport and central - no transfer needed. While it's a bit further away from the core, I personally enjoyed that I could go back to a quiet place at the end of a long day. I had a front facing room and didn't notice road noise as some other reviewers mentioned. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Sarah V
Reviewed 25 July 2015 via mobile

I arrived from a 10 hour flight with a tired tween and three grammas. Moira had our rooms ready for us and great dinner suggestions. The rooms are cozy but spotless with fresh, new and very nice linens. The bathrooms are also perfectly appointed and look brand new and modern. Breakfast was made to order (though Moira wasn't sure what to think about egg white scrambled!) and delicious. Lots of choices too. It was so lovely that I came back to stay again a week later when I came back through Dublin. Highly recommend!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Sactolizzy
Reviewed 6 July 2015

We stayed at Shantalla Lodge two years ago, so we booked there again when we returned to Dublin. We were even more impressed, if possible, with our hosts Moira and Keith this time. They were willing to help with every facet of our visit. Shantalla Lodge is just as spotless and the breakfast is just as great and the choices just as numerous as we remembered. When we had trouble printing our airline boarding passes, Keith printed them for us from his work printer.

Some people say one has to go to the Irish countryside to encounter true Irish hospitality, but Moira is so genuinely friendly one can find it right in Dublin. Also, her prices are so reasonable one will not find a better value for one's Euro in Ireland. We are already planning to return again next year.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2015

For the traveler who does not fuss...Moira has really brought the definition of 'home away from home' a reality- quiet and soothing; homely;warmth;family at the background- this beautiful B&B I stumbled upon on Trip Advisor was exactly what I imagined. As a student delegate attending a global conference in September 2014, I was looking for a simple yet homely place and I found it. All instructions I received from Moira from the Airport and back were spot on! and in my 'infinite wisdom' forgot to buy a bus pass at the airport and she was kind enough to share hers temporarily and guess what... Moira cooks the breakfast to your liking. The lodge is not too far from the airport, malls and central Dublin with access to buses across the road. Moira, husband & lovely boys gave me the feeling of being "alone but not lonely". Thanks guys...sorry I took this long to review:)

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank thetrotter222
Reviewed 7 October 2014

We had stayed at Shantalla Lodge B&B in mid September 2014. Tripadvisor reviews was a strong influence for our decision to stay here and we were not disappointed. We were met by Moira and welcomed with a nice warm cup of tea and snacks. The room was very clean and comfortable with a delicious breakfast to start the day. The hosts were so friendly and helpful with area attraction and local transportation suggestions. The bus stop is literally across the street so you can park the car and relax. Shantalla Lodge was a great start & end to tour first trip to Ireland and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to be a great stay in Dublin.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple