All reviews newly opened hotel bathroom door reception staff excellent hotel buffet breakfast city break pleasant stay the ground floor would stay again two nights room was clean on arrival temple bar showerhead towels shampoo key
Reviewed 17 September 2018

My Experience was an embarrassment in front of my family. Adding the option of dinner to our booking caused major confusion for the hotel restaurant manager. We were given a WELCOME TO OUR GUESTS FROM GO-AHEAD TOURS MENU and when we alerted the manager he shouted at us (TWICE). we were not part of the tour and this was made clear to him when he sat us at our table which was reserved 7 pm. Although with the help of the front desk the issue was resolved and we were then given the correct menu we all agreed that even though the issue was resolved the attitude of this man would never be resolved. AVOID the ADD Dinner option if i were you

Room Tip: corner suites are the best for a view of the city
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank hoshea66
MButler-MaldronHotel, Deputy General Manager at Maldron Hotel Kevin Street, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Maldron Kevin Street.

I am sorry to see you had an issue during your stay in the restaurant. We had a tour dinner the evening of your visit and the incorrect menu was given to you. This is not normal and the inclusive dinner is normally a wide choice of items from our menu with Irish Stew, Dublin Bay Prawn Linguine, Fish and Chips and other classics. The Banoffee pie is one of my favourite desserts and from speaking with you on the evening, after the initial mix up, everything was settled and we had a good talk.

I am disappointed to see the score as from speaking with you and your party, i felt that you were happy with the service and the meal. We are easy to talk to and we always try to ensure guests are satisfied and leave our hotel happy so sad to see this but hopefully next time you will see the difference.

We hope to welcome you again in the future and should you be looking to visit please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

This is a brand new hotel that just opened July 2018. They have a lot of customer service kinks to work out - as a group of 4 couples we found it into be very “un-Irish like”. I will say the location is perfect. Walkable to so many restaurants, attractions and public transportation. The size and comfort of the room was adequate. These are the only redeeming qualities. We stayed 4 nights. There was one skinny drawer, 4 cubbies and 6 hangers for a couple’s clothes. 2 of those cubbies were occupied by an nin-removable safe and an extra blanket. So the blanket went on the floor so we could have 3 usable cubbies. Upon check in at 4PM, we decided to nap. Upon turning down the quilt we saw what I assumed was dried blood on the sheet. Immediately I went downstairs and asked that the sheets be changed. While very obliging it was the response that shocked me......”Well, maybe the housekeeper had a cut and didn’t realize it”. NO, there was no way someone could have made a bed and not seen it before butting the quilt on. So that meant the person changing the sheets saw it and chose NOT to get a new sheet-which is just as upsetting to me. Our TV never worked for the entire stay. The first day we asked on a late Friday evening we were told maintenance wouldn’t be in till Monday - we were leaving Tuesday. So on the 3rd day they gave us a new TV - that also didn’t work. Once again we asked for help and were told that the problem was probably the wires and they would take care of it upon our departure. With both concerns there Was an attitude of why are you bothering us with this. We are normally the type of people that never complain or ask for anything. Upon check out we received our bill and I truly thought there would be a courtesy discount. I would never ask for one but I just felt it would be done. When the bill was handed to with “hope you enjoyed your stay” - after I just reminded them to fix the TV befire the next guest arrived - I was mad. So I asked for a discount. I expected 10% off which would have been a quarter of one nights stay. Quite angrily they said they would remove our bar bill- It was $15.00. I would never make a scene so I just told them that I was disappointed and I would be giving them a negative review on Trip Advisor. I got a blank stare back. We usually go to Ireland every 3-5 years and we will not be using this hotel again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cleary701

I am sorry to see the issues you faced during your stay. I will do my best to try to address your concerns and trouble you faced, as we discussed during your stay. We are always happy to bring more hangers if requested and similar to other city centre hotels, we do the best with the space we have. There is 3 cubicles, hanger space for extra hangers, with a set of 2 long drawers below the tea/coffee making facilities but disappointed that you felt like there was not enough space for your clothing.

For the sheet stain, that is 100% not acceptable. Our staff are trained to reject any linen with stains, holes or burns and this is sent back to the linen company and I find it extremely surprising someone could not notice this and that you had to uncover this. For the television issue, again, all the equipment and bed clothes should be working correctly and clean.Staff did go to the room several times in attempting to fix the issue and I understand that the issue would come and go, with the team thinking it was fixed. The screen would go red, with sound still working, but each time the team went to fix, the issue was not present. It was only on the Monday, that it was corrected to your satisfaction. At no point is any equipment that is not working "bothering us". We are here to help and ensure you have a nice time, that you meet friendly staff and have a comfortable and clean room.

As your booking was made through a third party and prepaid, that was reason only discount we could offer was the bar bill. You were also given complimentary breakfast for your stay, due to the television issue. Our team is very easy to talk to and it is difficult when people threaten poor reviews when they do not get the answer they wanted.

We hope that one day you return to Dublin and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Plus points - immaculate, due to being new has everything you need for a comfortable stay. Breakfast was lovely and decent location. Negatives (or teething problems) - the lifts weren’t working when I arrived and they put me on the 5th floor! Then my key would not allow me access to the stairs, great start. Got to my room and the kettle didn’t work, couldn’t find a hairdryer in the room either. The reception area was a bit small and the service was slow, there was a bit of a queue on arrival which made the reception area look busy given the tight space. Once these minor issues were fixed I’d say it would be a pretty good hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank nickyf17
MButler-MaldronHotel, Deputy General Manager at Maldron Hotel Kevin Street, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear Nicky,

I am happy to see you had a nice stay with us. The day you arrived we had a software issue with our lifts and for safety reasons, they were placed out of order while waiting for technician. Our guest's safety is one of our main priorities and I hope you could understand this but I am sorry for you being placed on the 5th floor. We do have hairdryers in all bedrooms in bedside unit and again kettle should be working so sorry for this yet overall I hope this did not take away from your stay and that you enjoyed your self.

We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

I have struggled with the rating. The services were average but because it is a brand new hotel and very clean I have marked it as very good. Check in was very friendly however there is no lobby for your guests. You have five floors of rooms for tourists arriving at all times of the day and only four small chairs for us to wait in. We arrived at 9 am and had nowhere to rest in your fine lobby.

The room was very new and clean. No refrigerator or bar. We, like many tourists, have some meds that require cooling. We also enjoy keeping a bottle of water chilled during our visit. We also enjoy a small drink once in a while but don't carry a bottle while we travel. Splurge for the fridge Maldron, it's a cost of doing business. And if not, put an ice bucket in the room and don't make me run to the bar for one.

Two bath towels and two hand towels only. As a tourist we walk a lot and enjoy a second shower at times. Put a few exrtra towels in the room. And that no shower door plan is a standard European joke already. Take a shower and the bathroom door is soaked, the floor is soaked, the carpet in the hall outside the door is soaked. You could spend the 200 euros on the shower door Maldron, or you can spend 2000 euros on cleaning up mold and replacing puffy doors in a few months. I don't feel like wiping up your floors every morning, let it sit six hours till your cleaning staff wipes the floor.

Air con was brilliant. TV and Wifi worked fine. No clock in the room. Lots of hot water. Shampoo but no conditioner. Our room was next to a busy street that started roaring at 6 am. Buffet breakfast till ten am was average but fresh.

This hotel is brand new and we thought that was going to be great. Location was excellent. Services were average at best but could have been so much better ... makes you wonder if the Maldron architects and planners have ever stayed in a hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
MButler-MaldronHotel, Deputy General Manager at Maldron Hotel Kevin Street, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Thank you that you decided on the 4 rating for our hotel. We are a new hotel as you have said and we are not the biggest or with the largest amenities however we try to give a friendly welcome, clean and comfortable rooms (With controllable AC) and an easy walk to main attractions for a fair price.

We are very happy for our guests to sit in any of the many tables and chairs of the restaurant to relax Thank you for your feedback about the fridges and ice bucket and is something that we will consider in the future. We are also happy to delivery towels as necessary. Again you are our guest and we are happy to assist you.

I hope you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you again in the future and hopefully get your 5 star rating.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Stayed one night in this hotel that was literally opened a few weeks before so still had the fresh paint aroma etc. Lovely staff and helpful - arranged to hold our bags, called taxis, maps etc. There are no washroom facilities at reception you need to be swiped through and use lift/stairs to access, even though they have restaurant facility on ground floor.
Room nice and bathroom. We did not have breakfast in the hotel but walked up the street to a lovely homely cafe Goose on the Loose and got a lovely breakfast there. The hotel held our bags until we returned later in the day.
It is just off Stephens Green so close to main shopping area in Grafton street. For anyone interested it is also close to Copperface jacks nightclub which is on Harcourt street.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Overall I am happy to see you had a nice stay with us. Our Front Desk team are very friendly, welcoming and more than happy to keep your cases or assist with directions. I am sorry you did not get to enjoy our wide selection of breakfast items, from Irish Breakfast classics to selection of fruits, yogurt, pastries and cereals to name a few but hopefully during your next stay. Our location is also excellent for exploring the city for shopping or close to Harcourt street for some late night dancing .

Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.