“Best meal we had in Dublin!”
Review of Thai Orchid

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Reviewed 17 January 2017

This place seems wildly underrated. After a week full of very bland irish food, this was a breath of fresh air. Our group of 5 ordered beers, appetizers and main dishes. We shared 3 appetizers. All of which were absoluely phenomenal! The dumplings were to die for, and the crab rangoons (sp?) were hand made, not the pre-frozen ones you find most times. I didn't try the spring rolls, but everyone else said they were perfect.

All of our main dishes were absolutely phenomenal! I had the crispy duck, and absolutely loved it! Others in the group had different dishes and all of us raved about how great the food was!

I don't see how some of the pubs in the temple bar area are rated so high and this place is rated so low. After eating at several pubs, I wish I would have found this place earlier. It was way better than several "top 100" pubs. Don't fool yourself by trying the generic bland irish food. I'd skip it and eat here a couple times given the chance to do it over again.

Prices were less than 20 euro for most dishes, which seemed reasonable since most pubs charge almost 20 euro for a burger and fries.

Reviewed 27 December 2016

Service was fast and efficient (got the feeling it was to get tables free quicker). Staff friendly and answered questions politely. Price was not too bad , but have had better for less. Food was reasonable. Not ideal for younger children.

1  Thank waterbean w
Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

Our OpenTable reservation was cancelled by the restaurant and most others were booked or closed. Thai Orchid was available to walk ins. Food was great, fresh and hot and tasty. Wines by the glass not on list. All in all, a great evening in Temple Bar. Recommended.

Reviewed 1 December 2016

I've tried several Thai restaurants in Dublin and I must say that my experience last night at Thai Orchid was amazing. The service was lovely (I like that they didn't hover), the atmosphere is pleasant (especially for Westmoreland), and the food was absolutely delicious! I got some for take away for lunch the next day! It has been so long since I've had decent spicy food in Dublin and I think I've found my next favourite spicy food place!

Reviewed 18 November 2016

We just had to cross the street to join the Thai Orchid restaurant as we stayed in the Westin hotel Dublin during past week-end. The place is small and plenty of Noisy customers to serve around 6 pm. The Thai coconut beef curry we ordered was ok but not the best we experienced with good white wine glass even the wine is always expensive in Dublin. The men staff were efficient enough to get a tip even we noticed most people do not tip in Dublin which we found surprising. Overall, not a place to recommand and Ii'm pretty sure you can easily find other Thai restaurants in Dublin.