“Dont go there. Poor maroccan food imitation”
Review of El Bahia

El Bahia
Ranked #591 of 2,805 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: USD 23 - USD 30
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The worst couscous i have ever eaten . Garden peas should never happen in couscous. There was no chick peas when there should be . Too many raisins no sauce and when i got sauce it was bland with no taste at all. i didnt want to pay 25 euros for that Bad Bad couscous with no taste. Méat was bland too. in Paris u get Million Times better for 16 euros. Thé grain was not properly cooked like in moroccan way. I was eating better couscous in my school canteen.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Never been to a Moroccan style/themed restaurant before though had passed here so many times. We took a chance and are so glad we did.
A lovely homely warm dining room that had an authentic appearance. As soon as we were seated water and olives were placed on the table. The host Josef helped us select from the menu as we had not a clue. Prawn starters followed by lamp dishes and a lovely chocolate cake were finished off with Moroccan coffee. All washed down by a lovely Chilean wine. A fantastic meal and experience. Great value for money. We will be back. Thanks Josef and Murcy

1  Thank gkavo56
Reviewed 30 March 2018

If your are new to Arabic food you should consider avoiding this place, it would put you off it! This is far from what you should expect, especially for the price. All the base of my tagine was burnt (I will say that I appreciated that they changed my main but I still had to wait an age while my friends had finished)... and the couscous, I don't know what it was, but the couscous had this weird butter flavour it was disgusting. The bread was nice though. One waitier with a thick Dublin accent was funny and helpful, the other waiter proved to be rude and condescending. I had to get up to ask him for additional bread as he was on his mobile ignoring us all. He then short changed me, when I confronted him about this he was like no your wrong, told me time and time again I was wrong explaining to me like I was a stupid little fool, until his colleague pointed out he was indeed wrong. The entire night was awkward and uncomfortable and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

This is the second time we were here, and we absolutely love the food. We had the chicken bastilla for main, which is gods gift. For anyone who hasn't had it yet, you're missing out in life. Bottle of wine went well with the food. Waiter was entertaining, and very nice. Left very happy again!

2  Thank mumbojumboxx
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

We came here with a group of friends. The lamb I had was perfectly cooked! The service was also amazing! He even gave us tips of where to go to in Marocco, seeing as we're heading there in April.

2  Thank Maximilian G