“Excellent Service and Superb Stay”

Cork International Hotel
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My wife, infant son and I stayed at this hotel because we couldnt find a resonably priced hotel in the centre of cork due to it being the weekend after Valentines Day. First impressions on arrival were superb. Check in was fast and efficient. We booked a double double online and when we got there we were in a double a single room. The receptionist quicky gave us an upgrade to a first class room which was stunning. Most things about this Hotel were excellent. The service, decor, facilities, breakfast and room where all top notch. We ate in the Bar and the service was superb and a credit to the Hotel but the food was not to the same standard as the rest of the hotel. It was OK dont get me wrong but it was just OK. I have stayed in a number of four star hotels in Cork City center and this hotel even though it is at the airport and a bit out will be my first prefference when staying in cork again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
hotelmananger, Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Dear DarrenDub,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the décor and atmosphere.. The entire team takes pride in the standard of service we offer which is why I so delighted that you have enjoyed your time with us.
I have passed on your comments to head chef with regards to your bar food experience, we hope that the next time you stay with us that your dining experience will be more enjoyable,

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future to the Cork International Airport Hotel.

Warmest Regards,
Aaron Mansworth.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

I stayed at the hotel last Wednesday, while on business. The lady who checked me in Trisha was very welcoming and gave me lots of advise on where to eat, I eat in the hotel bar which i normally would never do, but have to say it was fantastic.

A big thank you to Trisha for her recommendation !

Would recommend this hotel for a short stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear Conkers34
On behalf of the team at the Cork International Airport Hotel, I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel.
The entire team takes pride in the standard of service we offer which is why I so delighted that you have enjoyed your time with us. I will pass on all of your wonderful comments to the team especially Trish

I look forward to welcoming you in the future.
Warmest regards

Reviewed 13 February 2012

The best hotel I have been in any where great food and great value

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Spent a night here last December before flying from Cork Airport. We were pleasantly surprised with the standard of the hotel. The decor is beautiful, little bit funky. Our room was excellent, very comfortable, we were sorry we were not staying longer.
We were most impressed with the staff - they were all very friendly and helpful.
We left very early in the morning, and while the hotel is within walking distance of the airport, a courtesy bus took us over. As part of our deal we were able to leave our car in the hotel car park for the few days we were away. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Dear PunchFamily,
On behalf of the staff & team at the Cork International Airport Hotel, I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel.
I was delighted to read you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for all your positive feedback in relation to our hotel décor, staff & service. The Park , Sleep and Fly package is very popular amongst our guests,

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 8 February 2012

In short, this hotel was unexpectedly awesome. It is a bit off the beaten track and has sort of an odd facade. The place must have been completely booked the night we stayed because the lot was full of cars and some people (us included) had to park in a grassy area. Upon entering, the hotel has a modern, art deco theme that is very different from most of the other hotels we stayed at in Ireland. After having spent 2 weeks in tiny, cramped quarters throughout the UK, we were blown away upon entering our room at the Cork hotel. I don't know if we were given a suite or what, but the room was easily 3-4 times the size of any other room we had during the trip. It was a corner room with windows stretching from one side to the other. We had 1 1/2 baths and plenty of room to simply spread out and lounge. We were so stunned at the size and quality of the accommodations, that we were literally giggly as we walked around the room. The beds were comfortable, everything was clean, and there was excellent service. We even ate at the restaurant (being that there isn't much else nearby) and while a bit pricey, the food was fine.

This place was a very nice surprise and an excellent find that I would recommend to anyone. Especially if you can find a good deal. We booked through Expedia and paid less than 100 USD for the night we were there. Definitely a steal at that price.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
hotelmananger, Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Dear Lauren M,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The entire team takes pride in the standard of service we offer which is why I so delighted that you have enjoyed your time with us. I will pass on all of your wonderful comments to the entire team.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future