All reviews cork city lovely hotel leisure centre bar restaurant leisure club on arrival the nicest hotels lovely touch coffee machine every member of staff steep hill top class two night stay from start to finish stayed for one night last weekend would highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Booked on a whim for Sunday lunch. Hotel has undergone major renovation and the decor is really modern and funky. Don't be fooled by the plain exterior. Claire our waitress gave us some great recommendations.... try the chocolate tapas board!!! Roast beef was very tasty and tender and sides were sized well. Highly recommend!

1  Thank LindaKelly588
Tara T, Manager at The Montenotte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2017

Dear LindaKelly588,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Montenotte Hotel.
I was delighted to see you enjoyed your lunch with us.
Indeed Clare is a new member of our team & proving to be a great asset to us.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

We enjoyed our short stay at The Montenotte Hotel. My husband thought the views overlooking Kent railway station were fabulous as he is a rail enthusiast. We were not aware of this in advance and feel the hotel should capitalise on this on their website.
Our room was spotlessly clean and comfortable and there was a great choice of TV channels available.
The layout of the hotel is spacious and well decorated however the Grey colour of the exterior is a bit drab.
We enjoyed an evening meal in their restaurant, service was excellent.
We would gladly return

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Tara T, Manager at The Montenotte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2017

Dear madmartina,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel.
I was delighted to see you enjoyed you stay with us & I have already passed your comments about Kent Station to our Sales & Marketing Manager, who was delighted to receive the idea.
Since your visit we have since added a splash of color to the exterior of the hotel which now looks quiet vibrant as you enter our grounds.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you again again soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 4 days I April with the family in one of the family apartments. Very good space, very relaxing, amenities were fine, excellent view over the city from the hotel.
Its a busy hotel so parking is often quite full, but never had a problem finding a space. Decor in the hotel is great.
Staff were very courteous and efficient, and helpful with findings local stores etc. Good wifi.
Little to fault it. I would only note that that as there as some wonderful tiered gardens being developed to the rear of the hotel which will look fantastic when finished, but the building site etc was too accessible and needs greater protection for H & S reasons.

Would recommend the hotel every time. Thanks for a nice stay.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Dear rory s,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
It is great to see your enjoyed your time with us & thank you for your kind comments about our staff, they really are the best asset we have in the hotel & deserve the praise given to them.

With regard to the Health & Safety of the hotel, we do have a Health
& Safety Officer within the hotel that does have mandatory floor walks of the entire building each day to ensure we are compliant with the regulations.
I will how ever pass these comments on to them along with our Maintenance Manager to ensure these procedures are in keeping.

I do hope you will consider returning to the hotel once again when our gardens are finished early this summer.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I hadn't been here for years and by chance a friend suggested we meet for lunch and told me the place had been completely refurbished. As soon as we entered the lobby the whole atmosphere was very glamorous and the tasteful decor and furnishings made we want to book in for the night. The restaurant and bar overlooks possibly the best view of the city. A panoramic scene over the river towards the hills and rolling countryside with a very well designed balcony to sit outside for drinks. Below they are in the process of developing a classical garden with fountain which will add even more style and class. No expense has been spared on this hotel. The lunch was of very high quality. I had a duo of monkfish with scallops served artistically in a shell on a bed of potato that secured the shell. The side dishes of chunky chips, dauphinoise potato, carrot purée and a cabbage melange gave a nod to Irish tradition yet looking wholly to continental cuisine. Adrian the Cork chef is extremely imaginative and is an excellent cook. The chocolate tapas was a great idea for dessert. The small wine list helps choosing but could be more comprehensive, and my companion's espresso was a tad weak though my americano was perfect. My only bémol is that they have piped music albeit not too loud in what is otherwise the most perfect setting, and staff who are delightful. A must do if you are in Cork city.

Dear Pascorskquai,

It truly was great to read your review, I am delighted you found our new refurbishment to your liking & indeed our gardens once completed will be something special to look onto.

Our Head Chef Adrian has asked me to personally thank you for your feedback about you dining experience.
It is great to receive such feedback like yours.
We are currently changing our wine list in the coming weeks so this will entail a much more extensive rage for you to choose on your return.

It would be our pleasure to have you back in the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed here for two nights, a Friday and Saturday . We stayed in one of the suites and it was georgous! The room was fab , as it was one of our birthdays we arrived into the room to find a little card wishing happy birthday , chocolates, and fruit dipped in chocolate . Bathrobes and slippers, both scrub, dental kits and even mouthwash in the very spacious bathroom ! I couldn get over all the little bits that were included, it really made it extra special ! We sat outside for ages on the balcony in the bar area admiring the amazing view of the city while the waiter so kindly brought our drinks out to us. Dinnner was georgous as we are in the hotel in on one of the nights . The staff were so friendly especially one of the girls on reception. She brought us on a tour of the cinema after we arrived as we had asked about what films were being shown. She was so friendly and informative . We actually went into the cinema on the second night , it was nice and comfortable , lovely and spacious and we really enjoyed the film ! Great weekend overall we will definately be back again !!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Tara T, Manager at The Montenotte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of The Montenotte Hotel.

I am delighted to see you enjoyed all the little extras in your room.
We always try to exceed on our customers expectations on their arrival & I am delighted we were able to do so with yourself.
I have passed on your compliments to our Head Chef Adrian, who was thrilled to receive such good feedback from his guests.

It would be an absolute pleasure to welcome you back again one day.