1,144 results
All reviewshomemade sconestony avrilthe main housewonderful hostsbreakfast was deliciousuniversity college corkirish hospitalityliberty grillgave us a mapcork cityminute walkoff street parkingsat navfull irish breakfasteach morningstayed longerquiet location
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

From the moment we arrived early to a cuppa and fresh scones to the moment we had to leave early one morning as blizzard approached Tony and Avril could not do enough for us. Quiet location 15 min walk to town. Good size room with all amenities . Breakfast plentiful and varied . Ideal base to explore Cork

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

The minute my partner Coleen and I arrived at The Fernroyd House we felt warmth, kindness, and a plethora of love. Tony and Avril drove our car to our homie room (even brought our luggage up!) and told us of places to eat, and enjoy entertainment (and led us to goldmines!) Also ask to say hi to their puppies (I had the utmost love for chip)

The room is warm, overlooked their gorgeous garden, and the location is prime. Only about a ten minute walk from the city center

The following morning we had their yummy breakfast. But most of all Avril’s scones were savory, and unforgettable. We felt their love and warmth constantly in everything we did in their home and grounds. We would’ve stayed longer and will absolutely come back!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2018

I stayed at Fernroyd with my parents, and I have nothing but good things to say about it. Tony and Avril were fantastic hosts and repeatedly went above and beyond to make the stay a pleasant one. My father has mobility issues, and they were very helpful; they booked us for their ground floor room and when we wanted to go into town Avril actually drove us in her car a couple of times so we could avoid having to take a cab (because walking distances is a struggle.) They were incredibly helpful and kind.
The accommodations themselves are clean and pleasant. The house was built in 1914 I think, so it's got a lot of character and charm. The downside of the building's age is that the rooms aren't the biggest. The location is good. It's right next to UCC, and the city center is easily within walking distance.
Really, this is a fantastic place to stay and the service is off the charts. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to stay in Cork City.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2018

My husband and I recently enquired about staying at Fernroyd House for our family wedding in Cork. The website clearly states that a cot is available upon request; however, the owners have responded to my enquiry saying that there are no facilities like cots. The B&B looks and sounds lovely so it's a shame we are unable to stay.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Gemma L
Reviewed 7 January 2018

Fernroyd House is a wonderful place to stay while in Cork. Located across the street from UCC and short walk to the downtown shopping area. Tony and Avril are delightful hosts and were extremely helpful. Breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family