All reviews bus stop city centre vegetarian breakfast lovely big room full irish breakfast small hotel smoked salmon walking distance good size sized room the ground floor very comfortable stay breakfast was excellent b and b minute drive stayed here for two nights tea and coffee
Reviewed 9 March 2010

A busy Friday Tea-time is maybe not the best time to arrive at an Hotel for the first time, but the Belvedere was a most welcome sight after a lengthy flight and car-journey.
The Hostess couldn't do more to make us feel at home, and after showing us to our very spacious, clean and well furnished room, she even offered us a pot of tea or coffee, despite there being facilities already in the room! We enquired about the " home-made cake, only to be given 4 Viscount Chocolate biscuits as replacements as the cook had not left any cake that day!
Breakfast served in very convivial surroundings, was plentiful and there was a broad choice of offerings, from the "Full Irish", to plaice, salmon, cheeses, fruit, cereals and croissants and toast.
All this was served very efficiently by the morning crew, who quickly learnt that us Northerners like our toast to look as though it has seen a fire, not just pale and warm.
Once this had been taken in, we were offered "well done" toast every morning.
Worthy of special recommendation must be the absolutely delicious Clonakilty White and Black Puddings, served perfectly cooked, and tasting devine!
We were given accurate information about the bus service which is prompt, fast, clean and relatively cheap, costing just Euro 1.60 each into the central bus station.
The Bathrooms are very modern and clean, and the shower/hot water first rate, the rooms well heated with thermostatically controlled radiators, and the bed was extremely clean and comfortable.
The owners could not have been more friendly and the whole experience was a delight.
Top marks for Location, Quality of rooms, food and service. Well done to all concerned, we shall return!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2010

Stayed at The Belvedere Lodge for one night, very impressed. We booked two single rooms which were bigger and much more comfortable than two double rooms we booked at a 4 Star Hotel as part of this trip. We were welcomed on our arrival with coffee & cake, at no charge. The staff could not be more helpful or oblignig, nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast was to die for, so thank you to the lovely lady that cooked it for us. The owner even gave us a lift into the City rather than us having to go to the cost of a taxi. Anyone that knows me knows that I am very difficult to impress, I travel all over the world and have rarely found better value. I would definitely stay there again and have told all my relatives in Ireland about The Belvedere. A truly enjoyable experience. I could think of one or two 5 Star main stream hotels that could learn a lot from The Belvedere Lodge.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 February 2010

I had to attend a conference recently and found this place at short notice. The place was nice , easy parking, nice rooms, etc. The most enjoyable aspect was the personable treatment and attention that made this a very enjoyable stay. The hot breakfast was tasty. Recommended.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank giorgiomaccarthy
Reviewed 24 October 2008

I stayed here for one night and it was booked by my office. My colleagues regullarly stay here.

For me its not the style of accomodation I normally choose. I prefer to stay in a large hotel as opposed to a small personable property but in saying that for the one simple night it was more than adequate.

My biggest gripe with the Lodge was its price tag. For a Wednsday night on my own it was €65. We dined in the Silver Springs Restaurant next door which is €80 a night. We should have stayed there on account of the facilities we could have used.

I have attached candid photos of the room I stayed in(Number 20). It was a long slog from the reception and the size of the building is deceiving from the front. I walked four hallways and up two stairs to get to my room even though I only ended up on the 1st floor. I still cannot understand that oddity.

The rooms are comfortable and are very clean. There is a nice en suite with some nice soaps from Marks & Spencers which I was suprised by. Oddly enough in the shower there was the usual forgotten items from the previous guests. Shower gel and womens shampoo. I like the idea of having no evidence of whom stayed there before.

There was even a Kit-Kat on the welcome tray. The room faced onto a flyover but was quiet. The windows must be triple glazed.

The breakfast was ok. The usual forgeign staff with little English. The only English speaking person was the owner taking the money. The breakfast had the usuals and you order your hot breakfast from the servers. The juices and cereals and breads were from Aldi(cheap European Supermarket) because I have them at home myself. Even my colleague remarked about it.

The Lodge also has free WIFI which is very fast and efficient. The router was on the wall outside my room was ever so helpful for me. I was not expecting this in a Lodge(big B&B).

Frankly, I would not stay again but thats only because the price is €65 a night but thats the only reason I would knock it. There is FAR BETTER options out there and more central if you want central. Its on the DUblin/Waterford/Rosslare road out of the city. You would not walk into the city. You would get a bus or taxi. I noticed however that there was a lot of people staying that night and all the cars in the car park where company cars so popular for those travellers anyway.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BertieBaron
Reviewed 12 April 2008

Spent only one night in Belvedere and wouldn't stay there again. Although the room was big and well equipped, it was gloomy and very cold. I had to ask twice for the heating to be turned on. Also, there was only one blanket (no duvets here) on the bed and no spare one in the room. Again, I had to ask. There was also a thick layer of dust on the bedside lampshades and the skirting boards. Superficially, the bathroom appeared to be very clean but on closer inspection, I noticed there was thick dust on the bathroom hairdryer; a long, black hair stuck in the white bath towel; the shower head was very dirty and had thick limescale, and the shower control dial was very grubby. Also, there was something very unpleasant stuck to the soap dispenser. The fire alarm went off too and I immediately left the room and rushed down to reception to be greeted by a couple of staff who appeared to be slightly surprised by my sudden appearance. They said not to worry, the alarm was faulty!!

On the positive side - and there are positives - the staff were polite and the breakfast was excellent with a great choice.
Although Belvedere Lodge is located on a main road and close to a flyover, the double glazed windows blocked traffic noise and I had a good night's sleep. In the summertime, with the windows open, the noise could distrupt sleep.

The previous week I stayed in a 4-star hotel not too far from this B&B, for only €18 more and it was faultless. I know where I'll be staying next time!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled solo