“Excellent. Delicious, fast”

The Istanbul
Ranked #136 of 726 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours
Description: "Fari is the Store Manager - Fresh food , very clean, make flat bread fresh in store, friendly and smiley people".
Reviewed 20 July 2018

They run a tight ship in The Istanbul. Service is quick and the food is high quality and good value. I'm a regular visitor

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

The food in there is so good especially the chicken donner, honestly though the only negative thing is that the seating is a bit uncomfortable for me and there isn’t enough space for a lot of people in there( ie small restaurant ). But that’s not a problem if You don’t go during rush hours.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

I can’t forgive myself living almost 2 years in Cork city and never tried the place. I was craving kebab and a friend told us about Istanbul. I was skeptic because most places are not close to the authentic food but we gave it a try. Twice so far! And it was delivery via the app Just Eat. I am in love with the chicken döner. The food came at home hot, the fries were crispy both times, drinks were cold. Very tasty! Best thing is that I did not get a heartburn, usually I do if I eat something bad which tells me the food is good quality. Another thing I liked is the detail to attention: First time we ordered the chicken döner had some sprinkles of coriander, and I hate coriander so the second time we ordered I left a note in the app, that please in one of the meals, which were both chicken, don’t put any coriander. To be honest I was not expecting much because usually most restaurants ignore my notes but I was positively surprised to see that one of the chicken meals did not have any coriander. To me this is important. Means that the pay attention to their customers. Of course the place now is one of my favourites in Cork. Keep it up!

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Walked by on our way to the English Market and we were drawn in by the wonderful smell of roasting meat. Tried the chicken and the lamb. Amazing! Incredibly generous perfectly seasoned meat on fresh made nana. There were super fresh toppings and a delicious sauce to accompany the meats. Highly recommended stopping here.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Add a mixed Kebab and it was very good, both meat and veggies were fresh. Great value for money as the plate is massive.