“What a gem!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Cork, Ireland
“What a gem!”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Just back from being treated for my birthday at the lovely Hayfield Manor. Was greeted by a tray of chocolates with a chocolate 'Happy Birthday' written on it. hotel was fabulous looking, really boutique style, which is what I love, same as its sister hotel the Killarney royal. Room was superb, staff were attentive and food in the restaurant was top notch.

Leisure centre was perfect, exceptionally clean and the outdoor hot tub is a must! The one gripe we did have was that one of our room windows overlooked the service yard which resulted in a continuous loud humming throughout the night which made it difficult to go to sleep.

Overall, was a dream hotel and would love to go back again for a 5 star treat!

• Stayed March 2012
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear Guest CathyMo,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor, and also for taking the time and effort to write your lovely review.

It was wonderful to read what an enjoyable recent stay you had with us, particularly as it was such a special occasion. It is always lovely to get such positive comments and praise, thank you very much. I will be sure to pass it on to the whole team at Hayfield.

I am very sorry to hear that you were disturbed by humming throughout the night. I can assure you that I am looking into the matter. We welcome all guest feedback, as it allows us to not only meet but exceed expectations.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back through our doors, hopefully in the near future.

General Manger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
cork
Reviewed 23 March 2012

The minute you walk in, the name Manor is really paying it off. You have a friendly concierge who will greet and show your way around. The hotel rooms were superb, and the Restaurant Staff were fantastic! Will go there again :-)

Room Tip: any room is nice
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I booked into Hayfield Manor Hotel at short notice for 1 evening on a business trip and found a gem......the hotel is great with fantastic bedrooms, the staff were very friendly and helpful and the food was tremendous. I am in Cork on a regular basis and I will be trying my hardest to make this hotel my base every time I go there.
I found this hotel by mistake as it is well out of the way so do yourself a favour look out for it and try it out!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest Stjimi,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor, and also for taking the time and effort to write your great review.

I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent experience with us. Thank you for all of the great comments and feedback about our hotel, cuisine and our staff. I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments to the whole team.

We strive on a daily basis to exceed our customer's expectations and to make Hayfield Manor their home away from home, and I am delighted that you felt this throughout your stay.

We would love to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the near future.

Dublin
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This is our 5th time to stay in Hayfield Manor and as ever it was fantastic. I requested a particular room on booking and this was no problem at all - they were happy to oblige. The staff are always amazing and have a real interest in their guests and nothing is too much for them.

We had afternoon tea on our first day which was absolutely stunning both in terms of taste and presentation - it was like a work of art! The breakfast is probably the best breakfast in any hotel we have stayed in.

It was mother's day when we were there and the hotel was heaving so we opted to spend the afternoon in the pool/gym which was great. Even though the place was really busy the service was still first class and the staff were fantastic.

I can't wait for my next visit!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest MaggieDublin,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us once again, and also for taking the time and effort to write your wonderful review.

I am delighted to hear that your most recent experience at Hayfield Manor was so enjoyable. Thank you for all of the wonderful comments, particularly about our cuisine and our leisure facilities. I will be certain to extend your gratitude on to the whole team, I am sure they will be delighted.

Thank you once again for your kind comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor once again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 March 2012

My partner and I are on the final 24 hours of a four-day chill out at this beautiful hotel in Cork city just beside University College Cork. It has lived up to our expectations in every respect - quality of accommodation, range and quality of hotel services. The country house setting is magnificent, with stunning, beautifully maintained gardens glowing with colour and greenery. Given its period architecture the room in which we are staying, on the third and top floor, has limitations with its slanted roof. However, it is at ground floor level that this hotel excels with library, drawing room, bar and restaurants. Padded in dark woods, rich dark colours, leather sofas and fires, one is enveloped in warmth and comfort. If we were to offer suggestions to the hotel it would be to ensure that the bathrooms add the practical item of a shower that has a flexible option rather than being fixed, to review the cooking of pasta which was rather bland. Having said that, the gluten free scones were a revelation. The one aspect that has ensured that we will definitely be back is the attitude of the staff. Their professionalism, but more than anything, their genuine nature and desire to fulfill every need is truly outstanding!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest Margaret361,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Cork, and also for taking the time and effort to write your great review.

I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent experience with us. Thank you for all of the great comments and feedback about our hotel, particularly our decor and our staff. I will be sure to extend your gratitude on to the whole team.

Thank you once again for your helpful comments. I can assure you that I have taken your feedback on board.