“Deserves every one of its 5 stars”

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Athlone, Ireland
“Deserves every one of its 5 stars”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Just home after a fantastic weekend at Hayfield Manor in Cork. From our arrival on Friday to our departure today, we enjoyed every minute of the stay. The food, ambience and particularly the staff were all top class. It's easy to see why this hotel is no.1 on Tripadvisor. We will definitely be back. Particular thanks to Roisin on reception for her friendliness and advice on Corks bars, restaurants etc

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Damien O
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear Guest Damien O,

Thank you for your wonderful review, and for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor.

It was wonderful to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for the great feedback about our hotel and our staff, in particular Roisin, I will be sure to pass on your gratitude to the whole team.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Ettienne Van Vrede

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
Reviewed 18 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our first wedding anniversary and we loved every second of our stay. Our room was gorgeous, staff were really friendly and the food was fantastic. We were made feel extremely special throughout our stay and will definitely return for our second anniversay!

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Starrynite1984
Dear Guest Starrynite1984,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us to celebrate your first wedding anniversary, and for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor.

I am thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the great feedback on all areas of the hotel; they are very mush appreciated by the whole team.

We would be honored to welcome you back for your second anniversary and hopefully many more to come after that.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I dined in Orchids restaurant on the 09th of February and i can honestly say that this restaurant is one of the best run that i have ever come across.Faultless from start to finish.

You cannot beat the silver service and professionalism of all the staff.Here is a copy of an email that i sent to the hotel and i would tell any of you who is in doubt, to go and experience this for yourselves.You will not beat it anywhere:

"To whom it may concern

(Can you pass this onto the GM Please?)

It was my intention to send this email last week but due to a range of things going on, I just didn't get a chance.

I just want to say a few words about my experience last Thursday in Orchids restaurant.

Anyway, last Thursday, I had booked a table through you for a friend and me for dinner sitting at 7.30pm.We arrived at the hotel around 7.10 and decided to head into the bar for a drink before the meal.

This is where it started, we were served by a very nice lady behind the bar and asked whether we were dining that night, every thing was so smooth and professional and we knew we made the best decision then to have dinner in the Hayfiled Manor even before we went into Orchids.

We wondered into Orchids around 7.25pm and were shown our table, at this the restaurant was quiet but it gradually filled up.

I can honestly say that it was the best meal I have had in many years and with silver service to match.

All the staff was so professional and they should all be commended on the way they serve and deal with the customers.

There was a young manager on that night, well younger than me, I would think, a tall guy, and I can say that he was just brilliant as he was scanning the tables and making sure that the customers were happy at all times, he came to our table many times just making sure that everything was going smooth.

Now the food, what can I say, it was fantastic and the way it was presented just raised the bar even more.

We loved the little treats between courses that were sent and they were a very nice touch.

Compliments to the chefs for their work as it was superb.

We left Orchids around 9.40pm and both of us were just full of great food; not only great food but the night was a great experience on seeing how a restaurant should be run.

With my wife's birthday approaching, I was thinking on where would be nice and classy to bring her for dinner with excellent service but now, I know.

To finalize dinner and the night in Orchids;

I can honestly say that it was Faultless.

ML"

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
9 Thank dubai30
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear Guest dubai30,

May I begin by saying thank you very much for your amazing review; I am so delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience at Orchids Restaurant, and thank you for choosing to dine with us.

It was an absolute pleasure to read through your review. Thank you for such positive feedback about all elements of your dining experience from the staff to the cuisine to the service. I will be sure to pass your kind words and gratitude on to the whole team, I am sure the will be over the moon. We will always welcome guest feedback; however it is such a great boost for us all to receive such excellent feedback. Thank you again.

We hope and look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the near future.

Warmest Regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Our second visit and much anticipated. The first visit was for one night, this was three. We arrived early and a coffee filled the time until our room was ready.

The hotel is as wonderful as many of the comments explain, particularly the reception, bar and restaurant staff. Special mention to Michael the doorman who met and escorted us over the threshold and delivered our bags to our room. The many coffees, lunches and just relaxing in various sofas, armchairs and quiet corners made it a wonderful few days for three of us to relax and catch up.

One of our party had a light in the room that would not turn off, the electrician was off duty after 1pm but covered it in sticky tape...very 5 star!!

If I had to look for one area of improvement, I would point to the housekeeping. In a 5 star hotel one does not expect to run out of shampoo, or share one bar of soap between the bath and the sink for two people, carefully ensuring it lasted the distance for the three nights. We also had to chase down an extra pair of slippers and the promised coffee machine never materialised. It is in the little things that one finds the irritations. This visit I would say that it was more 4.5 than 5 star.

So thank you for a memorable stay, we will come again, a great shame on the miserly amount of bath products...next time should we bring our own?

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank blarneybounce
Dear Guest blarneybounce,

Thank you for taking the time to write your second review for Hayfield Manor, and for choosing to stay with us once again. Your support is very much appreciated.

I was very disappointed to read your review. Thank you for the previous positive feedback and feedback on this stay. I would like to sincerely apologise about the lack of toiletries in you room. This is absolutely unacceptable and should not have happened. I can assure you that this is not our usual standard and I have dealt with the matter immediately upon reading your review. I truly hope that this did not inconvenience your stay.

We would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Warmest Regards

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2012

i stayed for 2 days at The Hayfield Manor Hotel in Feb 2012 and it was fabulous. This hidden gem of a hotel hidden away in central Cork is now a personal favourite place to stay. The hotel prides itself on service and the finishing touch and is a throw back to when hotels were a really great experience. The bedroom was superb, the bar was quality and the service from the very friendly staff was 1st class. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a real experience be it Cream Tea's, a relaxing swim in the pool, an excellent Irish Coffee or just to pamper themselves.

Room Tip: ask to play golf!!!