Ambassador Hotel & Health Club Cork
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We had a really enjoyable 2 night stay in this hotel. The hotel is located at the top of Military hill overlooking the city. We had a little difficulty finding the hotel however once we found it we wernt disappointed. It is a nice 10-15 minute walk down hill to the city centre. The staff in the hotel are lovely,all very helpful. We had a great front room with a balcony which had a great view. The room itself was very comfortable and always nice and warm. The shower is excellent with great pressure. There is a great selection for breakfast and it sets you up for the day. We also had dinner in the restaurant on one of the nights. The selection was quite small however the food we had was to a very high standard and we really enjoyed it. Overall this hotel was perfect and I would defintely recommend it to anyone thinking of staying in Cork.

Room Tip: Ask for a front room with a balcony
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Belle084
Chris C, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel & Health Club Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

Dear reviewer,

Thank you very much for your kind words following your stay, I am glad you had the chance to the views of our wonderful city from you balcony room.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future,

Kind Regards,

Chris Crowley

Write a ReviewReviews (1,133)

Reviewed 21 February 2012

My friend and I used a Groupon deal and had afternoon tea at this hotel recently. Well all I can say is that while I frequented the bar for meetings, I had never eaten there until now but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food on offer for the afternoon tea. First of all, you will not leave hungry. No limp cucumber sandwiches and cold weak tea for us. The bottom plate consisted of 3 large wraps, 4 small but substantial cheese quiches. Next layer -sandwiches, tuna, cucumber, (you gotta love a cucumber sarnie) and I gave up at this stage as I was eyeing up the next plate. We had to take a breather for the top and most decadent plate, the desserts. Scones, chocolate mousse / ganache style in chocolate cups desserts, cheesecakes. I gave up. It was impossible to finish. Never ending silver pots of tea and coffee didn't leave us disappointed. I rolled out of there before I exploded and would encourage anyone to experience afternoon tea even for the full price as there was so much food. We couldn't finish it. Well done Ambassador Hotel for excellent service to boot. Will definitely be coming back. If you do decide to go there make sure you don't eat lunch so that you've worked up a good appetite.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank crankyannie

Dear reviewer,

I read you review with a large smile on my face, When we put this afternoon tea together, your words were the response I was looking for form a guest. I will be sure to pass your comments to thwe team at the hotel, as they really work hard delivering this high standard.
I am delighted you had such a nice afternoon with us, and I hope you will visit us again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Had a lovely afternoon with my sister and our 2 babies at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and we felt very looked after. I highly recommend the afternoon tea - we couldn't finish the selection!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank juneoc

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your purchase of our Afternno Tea, I am delighted you all had such a nice day with us, Thank you also for your high recommendation, this helps promote us and is much appreciated.

We hope you will visit us again soon, our best to your sister and the babies!!!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Have stayed a few times. Always found the hotel to be good value for money. Bar and restaurant staff are quite slow. Restaurant food is a little pricy but of reasonable quality. Will consider staying again.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Swordsdude
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I had a two week stay here with a room overlooking Cork City. It was clean and comfortable. It is however quite a walk into town with a hill to walk up on return which meant you tend to eat in the Hotel in the evening. The problem for me as a vegetarian was there was not enough variation or interesting food so I eventually found the menu rather boring unfortunately.
One nice thing is that local people like to come here for special events like First Holy Communions and I found that very interesting as there was the chance to listen and inter-act with some local people. It was a very friendly place with some very nice staff and I formed a very positive opinion of Cork and its people through staying there.
If it had not been for the limited food selection in the evenings for me personally, I would have given 5*. However, that may well not be an issue for other people who eat meat and I am sure most people would enjoy a stay here.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business