1,234 results
All reviewsbar foodnice hotelcity centrebit datedtwo double bedsfood was lovelyleisure facilitiesfota wildlife parkenjoyable staylast weekendstayed here for one nighttop classbreakfast was excellenta lovely stayfollowing morningwould highly recommend this hotelconference
Reviewed 6 July 2016

Stayed Here for 2 nights in July. Have to say from the moment I arrived I felt like I was in the land of luxury. I was checked in by a very enthusiactic lady called Eva and one of the managers Fiona. Well to say they gave me an Awesome room would be an understatement. As A lone traveler I've been use to being put up in the most dainty looking single occupancy rooms imanginable in the past. But not on this occasion. I was given one of the Family Rooms which to my eyes is essentially a suite. It was massive, more than I ever expected, and gave me plenty of space to kick my feet up over the 2 days. The Bar Food is great for a quick bite to eat during the day. The breakfast was pretty awesome too, Buffet and Continental style all you can eat. I even enjoyed 2 fresh poached eggs both mornings. As a final nice touch they even gave me a late check out. Overall an Amazing 2 days away in a Top Top Hotel, and I will definately be returning whenever I'm back in Cork again.

Room Tip: If Your Looking For a lot of space. Ask For one of the Family Rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2016

Dear Blakeinator,

Thank you very much for such lovely review.

It makes me and the rest of our team very proud to read comments such as yours. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, and if there is anything I can personally do to further enhance your future stay, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 6 July 2016

Great stay, the room size was great for 4 of us but it was very warm as there was no air conditioning. The hotel could do with putting it in. Food was good and very reasonable. The girls loved making their own pancakes in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Dear Jill O,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments.

We are delighted that you and your family had such a memorable stay, and I have noted your comments in relation to the room temperature, but I wish to inform you that we do provide portable fans upon request.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for more pancakes!.

Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

Only stayed one night but really enjoyed and the hotel management and staff were very friendly and helpful , the rooms were fresh spotless clean and airy , the beds were very comfortable and had everything needed in the room that u would need from hairdryer to coffee and teas . I had no breakfast as I don't usually eat but I had dinner and dessert and both were presented very well and professional looking and we're very very tasty and of high standard . Really enjoyed and will definitely go to again .

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Dear Heaveys,

Thank you very much for your lovely review.

I am delighted that you had such a wonderful stay, and I cannot wait to pass on your comments to our wonderful team.

We are now in process to finalize the bedrooms refurbishment, which I am sure will further enhance your future stays. I truly hope to be able to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2016

Booked and prepaid for a 4 night stay - no mention of any construction/renovation work on the website at time of booking. They called to confirm our arrival but again no mention of the works. This was only mentioned at check in and we were assured the works would not start before 8:30 and would finish by 17:30.

However, on each of the 4 mornings we were awoken before 7:30 by hammering, drilling, workmen chattering and climbing the scaffolding outside our room. When asking to move rooms, we were informed that the works were going on all around the hotel !!! So we had another 3 short nights of sleep and no opportunity for daytime breaks from our touring and excursions. It was very stressful.

Furthermore, the room was constantly too hot despite heating not turned on. We couldn't open the windows because of the dust and noise.

We tried spending some time in the bar but it is all very tired, soiled and disappointing plus the drinks were expensive for local drinks.

The lifts smell like cinema carpets and could do with being refurbished.

The Leisure Centre is not part of the hotel. It is a 10 minute walk up an extremely steep hill. Plus you have to go to hotel reception to get a pass for the leisure centre and towels to use in the pool area - very inconvenient and unprofessional.

The only positive about this hotel is the house keep staff, who are very thorough and very friendly.

Room Tip: Avoid until all renovations, inside and out are complete
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Ger M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review in relation to your recent stay.

I am terribly disappointed to have read your comments and that you were unable to enjoy your stay, and I wish to apologize for the inconvenience caused by the refurbishment work.

I would very much like to have the opportunity to discuss the issues you raised in more detail. I can be contacted directly on 021 450 7533 or frontoffice.silversprings@claytonhotels.com

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Not impressed. No AC, Loud. Scaffolding next to windows blocked air flow. Staff seemed less than helpful. On a good note... Thomaz in the bar was very attentive. The hotel is not close to the center so walking to town is not an option unfortunately. Breakfast buffet was OK.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Alan M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your feedback in relation to your recent stay.

I am terribly sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations, and I would very much welcome the opportunity to discuss the issues that you raised in more detail. I can be contacted directly on 021 450 7533 or frontoffice.silversprings@claytonhotels.com.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.