2,475 results
All reviews pembroke restaurant escape spa south mall michael collins vitality suite car park cork city english market old world charm the penthouse superior room central location afternoon tea fantastic location city break hotel bar checking out
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel with a very good location with very close proximity to the main city centre. Car park is approx a 5 min walk away across the river which wasn’t a problem for us but it’s not located onsite. We had a family room booked and arrived in Cork at noon- room wasn’t ready until 4pm- again we were ok with this but, if you are arriving early maybe best to request a priority checking in time.
Rooms were very comfortable- fabulous shower etc. family room may be a little cramped but we found it excellent value for money.
Breakfast buffet was lovely with everything you would expect and the hotel offered a la carte options also.
Beautiful decor and ambiance around and staff more than helpful. The manager in particular was excellent. He was there on our arrival and wished us well on departure- always a nice touch.
I also noticed they provide a lovely afternoon tea, reasonably priced and looked lovely.

Trip type: Travelled with family
FrederikPotgieter, General Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us, thank you for choosing The Imperial.

I am happy to read than you enjoyed your stay, we want all our guests to feel truly comfortable and at home and your positive feedback is very motivating for me and my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back and if I can ever personally assist in any way please do not hesitate to contact me on Fpotgieter@ImperialHotelCork.ie

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My stay at Imperial Hotel was everything that one desires of a place to lay your head. From the outset the staff went above and beyond. To be honest I felt like family. They attend to every desire and offer such warmth and professionalism that I have firmly placed this hotel in my favourite list. I was planning my return as soon as I checked out. Special mention must go to manager Chris. His service and smile belong to a long lost era in hotel hospitality.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing The Imperial for your stay in Cork.

I am delighted to read that you felt truly welcome and cared for whilst in our hospitality, Chris is an amazing ambassador for our Hotel and our Service Ethos, he loves looking after our customers and I am so pleased when this is so positively reflected in our guest’s experiences, I will be sure to pass on your amazing feedback, thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I recently stayed at the Imperial hotel Cork for one night on Thursday 29th March and had one of the most satisfying hotel stays in my many years of travelling. While I was only there for one night with my partner, I wish I could have prolonged my stay because of the amazing experience I had at the hotel. The staff, the room, and the atmosphere of the hotel was above and beyond my expectations, and would just like to notify to you that your hotel is doing a very good job keeping the guests content and making them feel welcomed.

When we entered the hotel, the concierge greeted us with a smile and immediately came to help us out with our bags. He was not only polite but also started a very friendly conversations with us, and it made us feel very welcomed. This type of friendly attitude translated throughout our stayed at the Imperial. The receptionist could not have been more pleasant and was keen for us to have a certain room and it became clear as to why when we entered this room. We were greeted with a bright and was very spacious room. Also, the special touch of a personalised birthday card and slices of cake took me by surprised and took your service to another level.

The atmosphere at the Imperial was very relaxing, with the staff always having a smile on their face and the hotel being so well kept. I really just wanted to say that the I hope that this kind of hospitality continues at the Imperial so that more people could share an experience like I did at your hotel. I would like to express my thanks to all the staff and very much look forward to returning to your wonderful hotel in the coming months.

Kindest regards

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank happygoluckyguy2016

Dear Guest

Wow! I would like to express my personal thanks to you for writing such a wonderful review following your recent stay at The Imperial!

I am simply thrilled that you had such a great stay with us, your positive feedback about your room, our hotel in general and especially the service you received from our team is incredibly motivating for us all and I am so very appreciative that you took the time to share your experience with us.

I hope we can be your “home away from home” in Cork for many years to come and if I can ever assist in any way please do not hesitate to contact me on Fpotgieter@ImperialHotelCork.ie.

I look forward to welcoming you back and hope to meet you when you return.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

A lovely hotel that has all the qualities of yesteryear, friendly staff and great food. The rooms are large and comfy! The hotel is well placed in the city for walking trips to the shops and bars and the staff are more than happy to help with advice on sightseeing.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
FrederikPotgieter, General Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, thank you for choosing The Imperial.

We are indeed Cork’s most centrally located Hotel with Oliver Plunkett Street, St. Patrick Street and the wonderful English Market all within a 2-minute walk from our doorstep. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope we can be a “home way from home” in Cork for you for many years to come.

I look forward to welcoming you back and hope to meet you when you return.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I was disappointed with this hotel as a wedding venue. [Disclaimer - I hate weddings!]

The wedding banquet room was airless and roasting with no windows which was my main issue. I had the beef which was delicious however all the other guests at my table politely pushed their meals to the side (the fish was particularly inedible).

The waiting staff were friendly however as usual in Irish hotels they were clueless and untrained.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
FrederikPotgieter, General Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback, we are always learning from our guests’ experiences in our pursuit to create exceptional customer experiences and your comments are therefore incredibly valuable to us.

I note you attended a wedding in January and since we have had no recorded negative feedback I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you in person, perhaps you would be so kind as to reach out to me on Fpotgieter@ImperialHotelCork.ie. In terms of our Ballroom, there are indeed ample windows and light but we do tend to keep these closed during events as the air is regulated through an extensive air conditioning system. I can honestly say that our wedding team is very experienced and that I have never had a negative comment regarding their service but I take your feedback at face value and again would be eager to discuss your experience in greater detail and in person.

I do look forward to hearing from you and appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts with us.

Yours sincerely